Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for answers on all of these questions but haven't been able to find definite answers.

I am looking at Flexx bars and was wondering what bend would fit my riding style. I am 6 foot tall and like to ride standing up a good amount of the time but would like to be comfortable when sitting down too.

I am looking at getting ASV levers at the same time.

With that setup can I use Rox 2 inch spacers and have all the cables reach?
I also have seen people mention you have to relocate the reverse knob onto the bars and move the key. What is the reasoning behind this?

How would this setup be compared to stock height?

Sorry for the book, but would like to get everything straight before I lay down the cash.

Thanks
Ray

Also as a foot note how big of a spacer can I use with stock cables? And where can I buy extended cables?

·
Registered
415 Posts
well some ppl say they have those and run stock cables. my throttle cable is very tight as it is, but i have a lonestar steering stem that the first owner put on. idk if it is the +2 or not, but i am thinking no. www.tqsatv.com is the only place i have seen that has longer cables, but i'm sure you can get them somewhere else. i have heard if you call him and say you saw he was a sponsor on a forum, they'll cut you a deal. if you don't know what bend you would like, go to a shop and hold some bars and pretend your riding. i know you'll look like a retard, but its better than having horrible blisters or being uncomfortable when you ride. try and remember what bend it was, look up the specs and match them to the flexx.

·
Desert Racer
679 Posts
just do it and you`ll be happy.risers and 14* bars and your cables will work

·
Registered
153 Posts
motion pro sells +2 cables, which i run with a 3 inch risers and raptor bend bars, it's a little tight but works fine. im 6'3 and I hate to have to bend down and reach the bars. not sure what the max is with stock cables but the problem is with the brake line not the cables.

·
Registered
415 Posts
+3 and raptor bend thats pretty damn high.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
I know you can do +2" without cables. You could get +18" cables, a 10" ROX Pivot Riser and a 10" ROX Riser Block for Pivot Risers. I saw a 8" Block riser on a sled the other day, it looked pretty retarded, but it was really nice when standing.

·
Registered
415 Posts
yeah i understand dude. i feel like i have to really bend over when i'm standing to get to my bars. or i have to bend my knees so much i am just about sitting. i have gotten used to it and always forget what it could be like till i see a thread like this. :lol: i need to order the risers and cables too. i only need 2 more inches. :( hahaha sorry had to laugh about that. wonder if they make extenze for handlebars? :lol:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help to those who posted.

Does anyone know the difference in height between a set of quad hi or quad low flexx bars?

My current plan is to run a Rox 3.5 riser with the flexx 14* bars but not sure on the hi or low yet. Which should equate to 1.5 inches taller than stock correct?
(with flexx bars being 2 inches shorter than stock bars)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
im 6'6". flexx bars 14* quad bend and +2 LSR stem work great. love stand up riding. throttle cables on its limit though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
The 14* quad low has been reccomended to me but is there a reason? (Not challenging someones knowledge just curious why)

By the looks of flexx's site the difference between the hi and low is the hi is 24 mm higher at grip location.

Any one out there have the hi bars and an extended stem that could comment on it?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts