Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is going on riders? Last weekend went night riding on the Bay. Some asshole decided not to plow the trail near his ice fishing hut. Sharp but fast corner. This guy gave us trouble before for riding there....... thinks he owns everything!!!!!! Anyways bent my handle bars pretty bad and also my rear grab bar. I was looking into getting Pro Taper contour 1 1/8" atv low bend, Rox riser 2" ? or 3 1/4" ? just wondering which riser would be best and if I went 3 1/4" rise would I have to get extended lines to compensate for the rise? I have cut all of my fenders off. I also need a rear grab bar that does not have the brackets for the rear fenders but still holds up the rear tail light. Any suggestions? Your help would be appreciated need to get this raptor up and running in the next couple of days.:beer:

·
Registered
521 Posts

·
THE SAND DUNES HAVE RULES ----- "Follow Them"-
732 Posts
Just cut your fender brackets off, clean up cut with a file and sandpaper, then paint. you'll never know they were there. thats what i did with mine, looks great.;)

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
what is going on riders? Last weekend went night riding on the Bay. Some asshole decided not to plow the trail near his ice fishing hut. Sharp but fast corner. This guy gave us trouble before for riding there....... thinks he owns everything!!!!!! Anyways bent my handle bars pretty bad and also my rear grab bar. I was looking into getting Pro Taper contour 1 1/8" atv low bend, Rox riser 2" ? or 3 1/4" ? just wondering which riser would be best and if I went 3 1/4" rise would I have to get extended lines to compensate for the rise? I have cut all of my fenders off. I also need a rear grab bar that does not have the brackets for the rear fenders but still holds up the rear tail light. Any suggestions? Your help would be appreciated need to get this raptor up and running in the next couple of days.:beer:
I would be willing to put money on it that you bent or atleast twisted the piece of shit oem tin stem as well!
You can only stretch those cables about 2 3/4" past their stock position.
I have the medium bend protapers and they are perfect for me. I'm 6'2"!
I have an extra 700 stem that I built. It is +1 3/4" chromoly 1/8" wall black. Basically the same thing as the houser stems that are on ebay for 300+
Here's a picture of it and you can have it for hmmmm.... 150 shipped
Oh and heres a pic of one just like it installed with my medium bend protapers.

Attachments

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Every PRM grab bar that ive used had removable fender supports. Even the 6 pack rack I run now with trimmed fenders.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for all of the info!!!! ocelot13 +1 on that chart that you sent.... it helped a lot with my decision on bars and riser hieght :beer:. Carpenter thanks for the offer on the stem..... but I have already checked my stem for defects and it is good! But i have one question for you....... it looks like you have a riser? +2"? If so.... i should be able to go with +3" riser with the Pro Taper Contour ATV low bend. My old raptor bend Pro Taper SE bars were 5.64" in hieght and the new bars that I want are only 3.27" ( I believe ). So if you say that I can 2 3/4" above stock hieght. I should be able to play with no more than 4" of rise? Spider thanks for the info on the PRM grab bars..... I was thinking about the 6 pack rack in the past. The only other grab bar that I have found that brackets remove is ALBA racing Pro elite.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
That's what we're here for brother. Hope you get everything the way you want it. I think I got it then boom another damn mod pops in my head I need more help than Charlie Sheen. The only ones winning are the site sponsors they're like my drug dealers,lmao! Alright I got stupid jokes been awake to long goodnight.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:rofl:It's so true these quads have way to many mods available! Have a good one Spider.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts