Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Yamaha Raptor 700r 2006
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, this is the first time I own a Raptor and I want to make a lot of upgrades, including handlebars. I live in Rome, that is a quite congested city, and I would be using it mostly for the city and short trips occasionally; then I will be taking it to my summer house in Greece to use in dirt and rocky roads all summer. Considering I'm 1,75m tall (approximately 6'9"), weight 65kg, and how I will be using the machine, what kind of handlebar height/bend would you recommend? (Please don't tell me that if depends on my preference, because I'm not experienced enough to have a preference... I just want to know the most confortable and stylish/sporty looking type of bend and hight for my body size)

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
There is no specific bar based on the rider's size.
YOU need to sit on the machine and say, these bars need to be taller, shorter, wider, lower, pull back further, etc.
Hold your hands in space and say YOU want them here, instead of where they are.
You can also get taller steering stems, so that the bar mount itself is higher.
Here are the stock bar dimensions for reference, and as your starting point.

Font Screenshot Electronic device Rectangle Parallel

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Stainless steel brake lines are available in custom lengths from multiple companies.
Motion-Pro makes custom length cables(throttle).
If you need a longer wiring harness for the headligh/start/stop switch, you'll need to add wire and solder and heat-shrink them.
If you cannot, it's not hard, so don't get ripped off paying a shop.

·
Registered
Yamaha Raptor 700r 2006
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is no specific bar based on the rider's size.
YOU need to sit on the machine and say, these bars need to be taller, shorter, wider, lower, pull back further, etc.
Hold your hands in space and say YOU want them here, instead of where they are.
You can also get taller steering stems, so that the bar mount itself is higher.
Here are the stock bar dimensions for reference, and as your starting point.

View attachment 141107
You guys are amazing, thank you for the response!
Purely from an esthetic point of view in my opinion stock bars are a little high, don't you agree?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’m 6’5” and I like my bars taller with less pullback. I run a riser with a shorter bar (I think it’s the RC high bend) but the overall height is about 1.5 inches taller. I did not have to do any cable modifications.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I guess it depends on how and where you ride. I like to stand up a lot when I ride and at 5'10" they are a little too short when standing. But I'm too lazy to change them :)

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
I am also 5'10", and I like the stock bar size.
I have ridden several other bends as well, and also liked them, including wider with less pull back.
At 6'9", I would think that taller bars would be worse, as your arms are likely also much longer than average. But, as I'm not that size, I cannot say, especially since guys my size all prefer different bar heights and bends.
This is why I tell everyone who asks me about bars, to put your hands in space where You the rider think they feel best, then choose the closest bar and/or stem to get you there.

·
Registered
Yamaha Raptor 700r 2006
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I guess it depends on how and where you ride. I like to stand up a lot when I ride and at 5'10" they are a little too short when standing. But I'm too lazy to change them :)
You have a good point... I like to occasionally stand up too!
I was thinking to get them a little bit lower but I don't want to lose the ability to stand up, maybe I'll keep the stock bars then... 😂

1 - 10 of 10 Posts