Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to swap out bars on my 03 660. Biggest problem is that they rub the plastics on full lock. They are just a shitty Tusk set from the previous owner, its been rolled once before and they have a slight twist to them as well.

Im wondering what would be the best to swap them out for? Like I said, biggest thing would be to keep them from rubbing. Height is fine as is, but I would like to make them a little less wider if possible (these measure 33" end to end). Would YFZ450 bars do the trick? I have a set of ProTaper SE bars but they have a wide base as well.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Have you checked the steering stem? Cause they are crazy weak they usually bend anytime the bike goes over or on its side. Any aluminium 7/8 bars with the raptor bend are gonna be a good up grade. You say you have a set of pro taper se which are 1 1/8 so the cheapest fix is to buy the pro taper. Bar adapter that bolts to the stock stem and will fit the1 1/8 bars and lift them 1/4 inch they are like 40$

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The stem is good, it looks like it was more of a good tip then a serious rollover. The ProTapers I have are 7/8" and have a wide base so they would rub as well. I dont want to lift much more anyway as the clutch cable is out of slack at full left lock.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Like stated above I would just buy a cheap riser set. I got one off ebay for 30 or so. Your cables will reach you just have to do a little re-routing. I love my pro taper bars. I would never go back to a raptor bend. I dont like all the sweep

·
Registered
521 Posts
pro taper se bars are 7/8 (se is for seven eighths)
im running a set of renthal fourtraxx bend on mine, very similar to raptor bend, just taller. go to rockymountainatv and check the handlebar measurements and compare them to find one that fits into the size you want

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Tusk are cheap and they have the raptor bend. They are only like $27 when I got them. If you bend them just get another set at that price. I have them on mine and they seem fine but I havent rolled.....Yet::)

·
Registered
148 Posts
They have a few different sets of the trailtech lights at motosport for around 40-50$. Normally 200-300$. You can mount your bars 1/2" higher and they definately wont rub, plus you get some better lights. I got a set ill post pics monday, it was the last set of the scripted raptor lights/risers. i have some driven carbon fiber bars im putting on. 1 1/8"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts