Raptor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Yamaha Raptor 700r 2006
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm looking everywhere for some handlebars that are the EXACT SAME SIZE as my stock bars. I found a lot of handlebars but I can't figure out if they are the same size because its not written anywhere... Please send me some links, would be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Renthal Raptor 700 bend is the same as stock, with the exception of being 10mm wider overall, 5mm per side, and you can cut handlebar ends/width if you choose(hacksaw, bandsaw, grinder).
No other aftermarket bend is close.
Pro-Taper makes a Raptor bend, but it's pull back is different and you can feel it.

Screenshot_20201204-104640_Chrome.jpg

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I also have the Renthal bars on my 700.
I didn't cut 5mm off each end(you can slide grips and controls left/right that much anyway).
They feel the same as stock, but are much stronger and harder to bend or break.

·
Registered
Yamaha Raptor 700r 2006
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dear Sixpack, thank you for the response.
The problem is that I have the vapor speedometer installed and the crossbar would get in the way...

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
20210322_172612.jpg

I moved the factory guage out of the hood too, as my lightbar blocked my veiw there, but it's easier to see here for me anyway.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Wow, very nice setup you have there...
Where did you get that nice throttle?
That's just a cheap ebay throttle that I ground the thumb lever down on.
I bought it only because it had a flat side, vs the the step in stock throttle, which kept me from sliding my brake lever as far left as I wanted.
I have since bought an Urmosi throttle, and it's much better, requiring less effort to push the thumb lever itself, as well as having up/down and back/forth adjustment.

20210416_230326.jpg

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Ah wow, that is a problem for me, I like the factory guage where it is now, is it possible to remove the crossbar?
I only moved the guage because I have a lightbar on the handlebars.
You can see the guages in the stock location with the Renthal crossbar just fine.
There is no need to move the guages with a handlebar swap.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Removing the crossbar is a bad idea, as it adds a most of the strength to the bars.
One nut and bolt hold the crossbar on each side, and they are glued in too, making removal difficult.

If you don't want a crossbar, you should just buy factory/oem handlebars.

·
Registered
53 Posts
pro taper makes a raptor bend non crossbar but they are 1-1/8 clamp diameter so you will need fatbar mounts and they are about the same as stock hence why they are called the raptor bend

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
pro taper makes a raptor bend non crossbar but they are 1-1/8 clamp diameter so you will need fatbar mounts and they are about the same as stock hence why they are called the raptor bend
No, when you compare the dimensions, Pro-Taper's Raptor bend IS a different size than stock, enough that you can tell the difference too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I installed the ProTaper SE Raptor Bend on my 2020 Raptor 700R SE and they fit perfect without having to change anything. And they are the same size as the stock bars. I am not 100% sure however, I think you can remove the cross bar where the pad goes if you don’t want it. I thought about removing mine, then I decided to just leave it.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I installed the ProTaper SE Raptor Bend on my 2020 Raptor 700R SE and they fit perfect without having to change anything. And they are the same size as the stock bars. I am not 100% sure however, I think you can remove the cross bar where the pad goes if you don’t want it. I thought about removing mine, then I decided to just leave it.
No, not the same size as stock.
Read the specs, bends are different.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I reached out to ProTaper before I purchased the bars because I wanted to replace the stock bars with something that was the same size and bend as stock, and the rep told me that the SE Raptor bend was the same size and bend as stock. So I punched that bar. After I took off the stock bars and held them up to the ProTape bar they look like the same bend and they feel the same as the stock bars after I put them on.

No, not the same size as stock.
Read the specs, bends are different.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I reached out to ProTaper before I purchased the bars because I wanted to replace the stock bars with something that was the same size and bend as stock, and the rep told me that the SE Raptor bend was the same size and bend as stock. So I punched that bar. After I took off the stock bars and held them up to the ProTape bar they look like the same bend and they feel the same as the stock bars after I put them on.
Well, when you compare the specs that ProTaper posts vs stock...they aren't the same.
It's called their Raptor bend, not the Raptor 700 bend.
So, either it's a typo, or their rep is uninformed.
I compared many brands and bends of bars for my 700, before finding Renthal to be the only bars basically the same(10mm wider overall).
ProTaper's sweep/pull back IS different than stock.
All that matters is that you like the bars that you have.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the update. I think I am going to check out the Renthal bars for the next Raptor I buy.

Well, when you compare the specs that ProTaper posts vs stock...they aren't the same.
It's called their Raptor bend, not the Raptor 700 bend.
So, either it's a typo, or their rep is uninformed.
I compared many brands and bends of bars for my 700, before finding Renthal to be the only bars basically the same(10mm wider overall).
ProTaper's sweep/pull back IS different than stock.
All that matters is that you like the bars that you have.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts