Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my bike for a month now and few things bother me. I bought it as a resale, its in very good condition and have put plenty more into it but have not had the time to figure out why the handlebars shake. They do not vibrate, they shake as im driving. Its real annoying.

And also, have this noise coming from what sounds like the front like a vibrating/rubbing noise. Noise sounds like the chain rubbing but coming from the front.

Let me know what you guys think...

·
Registered
497 Posts
Tell us more about your bike and what you have done do it first.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a durablue axle, durablue front wheel spacers, renthal handlebars, full skid plates, full trinity exhaust, trinity efi, pro armor grab, armadillo front bumper, twist throttle hmmmm what else...i think thats it.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Check your wheels/rims to make sure they are running straight. Ive seen people with bent wheels/a arms/steering stems/ect who shake all over the place. Once you make sure nothing is bent and the wheels are running true then check your camber ect.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yep. What Teraflx said.

Also, is there slime in the tires? Some kind of sealant?

Basically anything that will make the tires out-of-balance will cause "headshake".

Run it in an open area where you can observe each wheel/tire as you are moving. look for wobble, untrue rims, tread separation, mis-mounted wheel, loose mounting stud, etc.

It should go 0-80 or so, without any unbalance/shake.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I am having this problem and was curious if anybody else is. I only get shake near the end of 5th gear and gets worse as I accelerate on. If I start to slow down then it goes away. I think it started when I put new ITP baja rims on with XCR's and had Rockymountain add the slime. I've read a few places that it is the slime, but some people have said that the slime will not cause this. The dealership has it right now and the guy up there said it is just the tires. He said he has a 450 that does the same thing - only near the end of 5th gear. Should I try to pull the tires off and clean out the slime? Should I do the front tires only?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Bob said:
Should I try to pull the tires off and clean out the slime? Should I do the front tires only?
I would. I did. Well, I had the dealer do it since he was trying to figure out what the shake was from anyway. He took it out of the fronts first, then the rears because he said he still felt something. Only charged the standard mounting charge.

·
Registered
610 Posts
That took care of it. It happened at speeds over 40-45 MPH. You didn't dare press it to see if it stopped at say, 70.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
is says on the "slime" bottle it is not for atvs over 45 mph. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
That would have been nice to know before hand. Oh well. Live and learn. Thanks for your help. I will give it a try and let you know.

·
Registered
610 Posts
07raptorgytr said:
is says on the "slime" bottle it is not for atvs over 45 mph. :thumbsup:
It doesn't on my 1g jug. I just looked. It has a below 45 MPH and an above 45 MPH recommendation. Since I ride at both I split the difference. It does has some fine print about only using it for repair in front and rear tires going above 65 MPH unless they are trailer tires. That kind of lost me. What are you supposed to do, put it in the tire after the punture :3question: That kind of defeats the purpose :crazy: I'd use a plug at that point.

I had lots of ATV people recommend it to me after I got my first flat, so I thought they knew what they were talking about. Maybe they recommended it based on its use, but didn't have any firsthand experience with it :unsure:.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Yeah, the slime did this to my rappy too. It makes it wobble like crazy at 43mph and up. I used the recommendation for low speed tires on the back and high speed tires on the front, I think most of the problem are the rears. Will definitely try to clean the slime out or at least a part of it to see if it cures this a bit. This stuff does work, I'll tell you that... I had 3 nails in one tire and I did not even lose a single psi.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts