Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lookin at getting some handlebars and i was just wonderin which ones would be the best choice. Im lookin for a light handlebar thatll give a decent weight loss and have some strength to it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I haven't exchanged my handles yet, but when I do, I will probably go with Renthals. Pro Taper seems to be a good product too. I'll let you know when I get more info!

-kevin

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just got my new Renthals 7/8 bars from Motosport for $64 Raptor bend and I love them. Some one once told me that you want your hands to be about 2" below your elbows, some thing to thing about when you are picking out a bend. However i think any after market bar is going to be better then the orginal bars.

·
Registered
572 Posts
thats a nice looking bar. i need some asap. but i want all the stock stuff to fit on very easy like stock.i have credit at rocky mountain atv so i want to buy them from there.renthal,pro taper? andreccomendations? :help:the stock bend was ok. im very simple and just need a good fitting stronger bar. :confused:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So what bend do most people go for? Im leaning towards High because i like how Bush_Pilot's look. they look like theyd be comfortable.

·
Registered
572 Posts
i did some searches on handle bars but i havent found enough info. any one care to help out?the above pro taper bars look very nice, but what are the trade offs when buying low-med-or high bend bars? i know riding a 01 660 sucks due to the high toppleing feel of the bars and feels less stable. what are some direct fit bars that utilize the stock hardware/wires /etc? what is the stock thickness or bar to buy?my stock bars had a ok hieght width curve feel to them,but is any one more prefeered than another. i know it is MOSTLY personnel preference on styles,but i wanted some insight from you guys. thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
Ok does anybody know if the Raptor handlebar bend is the same on all the raptor's?? Cause i have found alot of bars but they say Raptor bend insted of say a 350,660 or 700.. So I assume there all the same bend but we all know what happens when we assume :lol:

Thanks
Ryan

·
Registered
572 Posts
Sand84 said:
Ok does anybody know if the Raptor handlebar bend is the same on all the raptor's?? Cause i have found alot of bars but they say Raptor bend insted of say a 350,660 or 700.. So I assume there all the same bend but we all know what happens when we assume :lol:

Thanks
Ryan
yes someone clear this up for us please

·
Registered
352 Posts
I went with a set of Pro Taper SE bars with the raptor bend, I love them. I have put my wheeler on its lid and didn't bend or break Anything/ well I did break my clutch lever thats all, but I would go with the pro tapers trust me you wont be dissapointed, But that just my $.02

·
Registered
166 Posts
oli700 said:
I have Tag T2 double CR high in Trail Tech clamps, Awesome
I had the same set up when I had my KFX700 and liked them alot better than the stock ones.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Raptor bend refers to the 660/700 not the 350, the 350 is referred to as the 350 raptor. Trailtech X bars are cool looking and great fitting :)

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Raptor Bend is extremely high, I have mid bend Trailtechs with the dashboard, but the dashboard acts like a spacer. :)

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
It doesnt really matter what you get, but I hear mids hit on tank, but I have the Trailtech Dashboard for my vapor, not the pastic thing. Why not call them and find out?

·
Registered
751 Posts
I got the pro taper se, raptor bend.. Love em

1 - 20 of 28 Posts