Raptor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a really nice 250 but recently moved to Colorado where the altitude is crazy...I have tried and tries to jet my carb but I just can't seem to get it so we put it in the garage and I have been riding my Husbands 2010 YFZ450R

I have been getting comfortable on the YFZ but I do believe it is a little big for me, I am only 5'3 and 117 lbs...Should I throw some money into the 250 to get it jetted for up here, or just stick with the YFZ?

Note that I won't get any bigger than I am and I do love my raptor

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
judging by your sig you got quite of bit of money tied up in that 250. i think you need to ask yourself if your ready for something bigger, if so move up. or if your content with your 250 just get it jetted right and get back out there.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
I agree with jsanders. You do have some coin tied into that bike, and if you like it like you say you do, it's only a matter of messing with it until you get it right, and you will be happy you did. Nothing wrong with that 250 at all! Keep at it! You will get it!

·
Registered
608 Posts
your an adult now and not gona grow into the the 450. unless you start eatin donuts !!!!!:wow: i would fix your jetting. my boy on the other hand is now 6' 2" and needs the 450:mad: after i spent about 10,000 for all the shit done to his 250!!!

·
Registered
437 Posts
i think the big question is will you be traveling. you have to look at if you get it jetted proper for where you are then travel lower it could be off again. fuel injection is a dream especially with an auto tune but i do agree that you have alot in your 250 and it would be hard to part with. and the power of a wheeler doesnt matter its how you use it. you can have the most powerfull yfz made but if you respect it and know your limits you will be fine. good luck with your desicion!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
your an adult now and not gona grow into the the 450. unless you start eatin donuts !!!!!:wow: i would fix your jetting. my boy on the other hand is now 6' 2" and needs the 450:mad: after i spent about 10,000 for all the shit done to his 250!!!
yeah that sucks but I will let you know, jumping a 450 is nothing like jumping a 250...I feel like I have to be a dead fish in the air on the 450, but I can muscle the 250 around in the air and that has saved me a couple times

·
Registered
208 Posts
I just moved up to a 450 after wrecking the 250 and I love the power but miss the manuverability of the 250. I also liked the 250 because I was able make it mine with parts I chose and bought and my 450 was pre built so I just put on a nice set of graphics. If you do sell the 250 and get a 450 make sure you buy it pre built, that's what we did and it's a ton cheaper.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
here some pictures of me on the 450

Attachments

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
I say stick with the 450....you'll only get better with it....it'll take you places the 250 couldn't and you'll have more fun in the end. Just remember to respect the machine you are on....You'll get used to the power eventually, but just be careful until that point!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts