Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I just picked up my quad a few weeks ago. It's always had this problem and i'm just wondering if its a bad thing. So it slips into reverse easily in any gear. Now the hard part.

If i'm in reverse going into neutral, i'll pull as hard as possible, it'll click, the neutral light will come on and the reverse light goes off. But when I let go of the lever, both lights go off and i'm stuck in between reverse and neutral and it wont go into neutral no matter what.

If i'm in reverse going into a gear, I have to do the same thing and when its stuck in between reverse and the gear, I have to let the clutch out a bit until it starts making that tapping noise, then pull the clutch back in all the way, and then it will come out of reverse and go into gear.

Is this due to wear, my clutch needing to be adjusted (because it does), or does something need to be replaced? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Does it always do that, or only when it gets hot? Mine does the same thing but only after its been running for awhile. It's not due to wear on the clutch (at least in my case) because its done that since it was new.

The way I've found to fix it is to just slip the clutch when you go out of reverse into gear.

·
Registered
42 Posts
make sure your clutch is adjusted properly had same problem untill i got the clutch right then it was easy. also make sure you get the lever all the way locked in the correct spot.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It does it all the time, hot or cold. Where do I adjust the clutch from? I tried it from the handlebars, but it started slipping so I put it back. Is there somewhere else I should be doing it from?

·
Registered
10 Posts
They all do that, especially when hot. Synthetic oil helps a little, and an oil cooler will help as well. You just need to find the right technique for your bike, finding neutral is what is hard to do.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Mine has always been hard. Nothing I can do has changed that either. Just something that comes with the 350s from my understanding.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. I tried slipping the clutch like 07rappy said and it'll pop out easier sometimes.

·
Registered
62 Posts
mine was hard too then my mechanic lubed it up and adjusted something now it slips in and out of reverse so easy.. ill have to ask him what he done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts