Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
170050748425 ebay number ,Yamaha Raptor 700R A-arms & Shocks Wid. Kit +4.5 or +6

hi lookin at widening my raptor 700 r se , budget wise look good but r they any recomends ? im riding billet block spacers on rear + 2 each r these safe or am i better off gitting extened axles :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
170050748425 ebay number ,Yamaha Raptor 700R A-arms & Shocks Wid. Kit +4.5 or +6

hi lookin at widening my raptor 700 r se , budget wise look good but r they any recomends ? im riding billet block spacers on rear + 2 each r these safe or am i better off gitting extened axles :)

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I run that kit and it's a good setup. The extra weight hasn't been an issue at all, I can't say I noticed the difference actually and I know my bike so if it was significant, I would know it. The only potential problem with it is the tie-rod extensions, they are barely adequate. You should definitely shell an extra 50$ for real extended tie-rods. I got mine from TQS for 44$ for a pair if I remember right.

BTW I've crashed a couple times and did several unexpected jumps with hard landings and never bent a bracket.. I'm 285# so I guess that speaks for itself. I wouldn't be scared to go on a track with this kit, despite what I've heard (minus the tie-rod extensions, of course, they are junk).

PS: Instead of getting the rear spacers, the G-force axle for ~200$ is a good choice too. Worth looking into if you can shell it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts