Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want new bars, clamps, etc.. But I am wondering if it is worth getting the whole set up from TAG - stem (anti vibe), clamps, T2 bars rather than just the bars and clamps. My question is the steering stem overkill for just everyday riding (I ride hard but I know I am not as aggressive as a pro racer)?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have twisted the splines at the end of the stem on 2 stockers (trees like to jump in front of me). Running a Houser setup now, very happy with it. Just added the adjustable steering stops so I can turn a little tighter too.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yea i twisted the splines and broke both of my left hand side a-arms yesterday when a kid on a rencon crossed the main trail i was cruisin in 5th gear. jeremy

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bent mine with a head on with a recon, thinking of jetting the houser set up. Anyone have one or any better ones to run???

·
Registered
429 Posts
Yup... smoked it in a roll over in some deep woops. Went with the Lone Star anti vibe setup with Renthal 7/8" bars. I wanted a cross bar pad not just over the clamp.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am looking into the Lonestar now. Is it good quality? I was also looking at the TAG stem. Any suggestions.???

·
Registered
76 Posts
I rolled mine, messed my radiator up too. Which is why I bought the pwr. I have the tag setup and I am happy with it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
DrDsRaptor said:
Which tag bars and is it the + steering stem??
I'm using Tag T-2 CR high bend with a Gibson +2 stem with antivibe. Works well.

Frank

·
Registered
429 Posts
The Lonestar is a good quality unit. I don't think they are in the economy range of products but it is well built. If you do choose the STD. length, it is about 7/8" taller than the yamaha stem. You will want to remove about 1/8" from the supplied bolts so they don't rub on the plastic at full turn.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks, the houser seems like a good price about 250 for stem and clamps.

·
Registered
76 Posts
DrDsRaptor said:
Which tag bars and is it the + steering stem??
I got the X5's for now cheap replacement with the +1 stem, I'm hoping to get the flexx bars soon.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Not that there's anything wrong with the X5's, I like em :thumbsup:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Oh you bet..I ride the mountians of NC, TN and KY. First time I fliped stem bent. You can't go wrong with LSR, top of the line. I've went over backwards with the LSR stem, no problem.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts