Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wish I still had mine but was wondering if anyone had ever actually tested the HC and CO ppm to see exactly how lean or rich these things are. Everyone says they run lean but how do you know unless someone has actually tested one???

·
Registered
2015 Raptor 700, Barkers duals, fci, PC5, +3tb, ported head, +1 valves, 5050 cam, 745cc, 12:1,
123 Posts
Thats what the PC5 Autotune does with the wide band 02 sensor. You can dial in whatever AF ratio you want

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
The dyno shows or "tests" it every run, and then the operator adjusts it accordingly.
That's how and why we know Raptors and most everything else e.f.i is factory lean.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I'm talking about a person who actually has their own analyzer. I had three different Sun's over the years and we analyzed every engine we rebuilt with them. I have seen many efi quads with pipes, air filters, intakes, in different combinations with no controller surely if these were as lean as everyone says they would all have seized at some point. I've googled this a couple of times and can not seem to find any kind of dyno sheet that states anything but hp and torque numbers, no mention of co or hc levels. Maybe someone has one and can post it up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts