Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are planing a trip to Hatfield Mc Coy May 27th. Below is all of the information needed.

Date: May 27th thru 29th
Leaving Philly 10am Friday morning
Staying at Ashland Resorts (web address: www.atvresorts.com).
Trail we'll be riding: Pinnacle Creek Trails
Address to resort: HC Northfork WV 24868

LMK if you would like ride out. Right now there's about 10 guys going.

·
Speed's Best Friend
1,321 Posts
Ill be there the 9th to 14th. Sorry Ill miss you guys. Have you been there before? Ive ridden them all and Rock house is by far the best. Its only a little further south.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

No I haven't riden there before. From what I have been hearing its real nice up there. I looked at Rock house matter fact I talked with one of the guys at a resort by there. He said that was too. from what I hear this Pinnacle spot is good too.

Do you normally camp out or stay in a cabin?

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Damn! We are going to be there April 1-9 :lol:
We are riding Rock House for 2 days and then riding Pinnacle/Indian Creek/Pocahontas (if its open in time) for the next 3 days.

Will, do we need to spend more time at Rock House instead? Are we going to ride the same trails twice at Rock House? The map makes it look like there is only about 50 miles of trails at Rock House. Can you shed some light on this?

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
I keep seeing all this stuff about Hatfield-McCoy, and I have that on my bucket list of places to ride, I hope at some point I can make that happen. Pictures, TV shows, etc. all make it look like a great place. Have fun boys, sounds like a blast.

·
Speed's Best Friend
1,321 Posts
I just checked the website, they both claim to have around 80 miles of trails. And I was mistaken, Pinnicle creek is actually further south than Rock House. Its been about two years since I rode Pinnicle creek, It wasnt as good as Rock house. You can easily spend a week riding Rock house. You may do the same trails twice, but only because you want to. Last year, we went to Bear Wallow for a day. That was smaller than Rock house also, but very good. Its probably good that you guys are spreading it out. That way you can make your own decisions. Ive gone two weeks a year (april and oct) for the las 6 years. No camping. We eat like kings and enjoy some drinking every night, just enough not to impair the next days ride. We always stay with Vickers rental http://www.thehatfieldhouse.com/ Its a little more than other places, but worth every penny.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
I heard nothing but good things from a few people about Vickers Rentals, but its a little out of our price range for just the 3 of us :(

The Fox Lodge may be slumming it a little, but we will see and report our findings. Hope to have a bunch of pics and some video.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
camp

Were is the best place to camp?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
camp

Ashland is not a trail on the Hatfield Mccoy trail system. This is the resort we are planning to stay at. Pinnacle Creek Trails is where we plan to ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts