Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm ready to pull the trigger on some Haulers. I just wondered if I should consider the Extremes or just go Haulers? It's about $30 more to go with the Extremes. Do I gain (or lose) anything with Extremes (besides $30)? I'm planning on 21x12x8-8 paddle on Douglas black label wheels, thought about blue labels, but I may end up doing some regular dune riding on these when I'm too lazy to switch back to my Edges. I want to get these before to Raptor Rally at Little Sahara next month, of course, it only takes 2-3 days for tires to get here from RMATV :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
I went with the regular haulers for weight savings, which is kind of a mute point since my bike is as heavy as the come. I've owned both and I really like the durability of the extremes, I was able to take it on the dirt and rooted side hills and I didn't end up coming back with half a paddle. If you're looking to be fast in a straight line I'd suggest b2b or UL extremes but that's overkill for most.

If you're looking to hang onto these tires for a while I'd get the extremes. 30 bucks is less than the cost to ship a tire to skat trak and have one paddle fixed so IMO it's worth the insurance. I wasn't sure whether I was going to like the setup so I didn't care if they didn't last forever, I'd just by another set if they failed.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
if going with the extreme the general rule is go one less paddle from a hauler.
mike

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Do you need to have a 12X8 rim for those (21X12X8 - 8) to fit? I was looking at the same tire on RMATV. The only problem is that in the packages section, you can only choose an 8X8 rim.... In the end, I will probably call to order them.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
12x8 rim would be 12 inches in diameter and 8 inches wide. 21x12x8 tire means a tire that's 21 inches tall, 12 inches wide, and fits on an 8 inch rim, so 8x8 would be the right size rim, unless you wanted a wider rim to spread the tire out more.

Mad Dog, good points. I think I'll go with the Extremes, that way when I put some more motor in, I'll most likelt still be OK on these paddles. Thanks for the input everyone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.