Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2007 700 Raptor. I have installed a GYTR complete exhaust system and I am installing a Pro Design airfilter kit and removing the airbox lid.

After reading other posts I am a bit confused as to whether I need to use any electronic reprogramming or other devices to increase fuel flow.

I am a dune rider. Some of my fellow riders have used a Dynojet reprogrammer and are not that enthused with the results.

Is a Dobeck different than a Dynojet reprogrammer?

I want to increase power but I want the bike to be reliable, as in I do not want to push the increase in power to the point where the bike becomes unreliable.

Any help appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Re: Have exhaust and intake kit what else is nneded?

If your friends are not happy with the results of the Dynojet PCIII USB then they are not running the right map for their combo. I have over 200 hrs on mine in the dunes and the PCIII has been flawless. I also run a custom dyno tuned map so I am getting the most out of my mods and it shows in my performance compared to other 700R's that I have compared it to at the hill, and I'm not talking one or two. I have compared it to many others over the summer on numerous dune trips.
To answer your question, Yes an EFI controller is needed. I have no knowledge of the controller you mention but ask why would you want to run something that is pretty much unknown? I would suggest one of the proven controllers.
PCIII USB
Dobeck TFI
Trinity

There are others but these have a proven record now.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts

i think he meant dobeck not bodeck.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
287 Posts

Based on all the info I've gleaned from here, you absolutely NEED an EFI controller with the mods you've done. Otherwise, you will be running to lean and will eventually burn up your engine.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Yea the efi controller is pretty much mandatory. I know alot are happy with the dynojet controller and there are also alot happy with the dobeck. These are the two I see most using, although there are others that probably work just as well. I personally like the ease of the dobeck, you dont have to hook up your computer and download the program. Just plug it in and set your "pots". Its also cheaper.

·
Registered
226 Posts
DynoJet Powercommander is the best EFI you can buy... :thumbsup:
Overall, with the versatility it offers, it'd be your best bet for longrun future modifications to your rappy :thumbsup:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Unless your gonna bore it out then yea what he said. Dobeck is cheaper and does work easily.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts