Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 raptor 660r runs fine starts fine when I'm in 1st and wak it it goes I hit 2nd and wak it the bike farts sputters when I let off a LITTLE IT'S ok I put it to full throttle same thing farting sputtering. I drained tank changed plug put fresh gas 93 octane cleaned both carbs jets on both I'm lost I don't know what ELSE to do PLEASE someone help I need my raptor back PLEASE thanks in advance.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,194 Posts
Check your gas cap vent for proper venting.

Check the valve adjustments.

Pull the carbs again and inspect all "O" rings. Also run a copper speaker wire thru all carb body orifices followed by carb or brake cleaner.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

·
Master of the Electron
14,832 Posts
Read the "Most common 660 problems" sticky in the 660 maintenance section - especially about the RPM limiters.

Clean the CARBS not just the main jets. The small passages from the pilot jets and the fuel screws clog up and cause lots of problems.

Tell us more detail about your problems - and any history you may have with the quad - how long has it sat, when did this problem start, etc., etc.

You now have two threads about the same issue - not cool... try to answer all the questions that have been asked of you in both so we can help you better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts