Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was told this is the place to get the best answers for my questions concerning my raptor 660.I'm new at this so any advice would really help.I have an 03 660 and I'm currently out of commision due to a new swing-arm.Its been sitting for about 2 months and today I decided to start it because its been cold.I pulled the choke and held the throttle for about 2 sec..I repeated this a couple of times and it didn't start.I then noticed fuel coming out of the bottom of my carbs.Of coarse if I turned the fuel switch to the off position it would stop.So I figured it was probably flooded.So I let it sit for a few hours and tried it again without the fuel switch on and it started but, I couldn't give it gas without it shutting off.So I turned the fuel switch on and started it but, it still poored out fuel from the carbs.What could possibly be causing this? :help:

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
float sticking

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for responding so quick :thumbsup:.I don't mean to ask a stupid question but,do I have to take my carbs. apart to fix this problem and if so what do I need to do to fix the float?

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I dont know for sure if its a float, just a guess, but yes you do need to take carbs apart, look at the Clear Tube Method, it shows how to get to the floats...I think its in modification category

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
It allows you to get more hp out of carbs, im not saying to do it, but it explains how to remove and tear apart carbs if you think you are mechinically inclined enough to do it, if not take it to a dealer

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
O.k I took my carbs. off and found that the float was stuck.I cleaned them real good and put it back together.I then started it up and I fixed the fuel leak (floats working) but now when I give it gas it sputters or shuts off.What could I have done wrong.It will idle just fine just can't give it gas. :help:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
O.k I'm an idiot, just realized I recently took my front brakes off and parking brake to shed some weight.Foregot about the parking brake wires.Realized it reading somebody elses topic.She sound good now. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Good to hear your going again 8)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts