Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but here it goes. I found out that I'm getting stationed at Hickam AFB Hawaii. I'm wondering if there are any good places to ride out that way. Thanks

*EDIT* Also, what is a good tire out that way??

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
You are going from Shady-J to Hickam? Talk about an upgrade! haha! Good luck with the move!

·
GO BLUE!!!
641 Posts
Nice! That was my first assignment outta Tech school. I dont think there is alot of places to ride there tho, if any I'm guessing a track or 2. But I wasnt looking when I lived there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am currently stationed on Marine Corps Base Hawaii and there are a few places to ride but the best place by far is Kahuku up in north shore go to ridehma.com and they have all the information. It is pretty sweet like 4 tracks including a pro and quad track and they also have so many trails. When do you head there I have a year membership that has about 6 months left on it you can have, since I am leave early september.

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts
What about bellows ? I used to off-road my truck out there and ride with buddies way back in the day. Is that quad track open to the public ? I've heard rumor it's invite only from the owner for pros. If you get in with the locals over on the west coast in Nanakuli you can find some riding spots.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am currently stationed on Marine Corps Base Hawaii and there are a few places to ride but the best place by far is Kahuku up in north shore go to ridehma.com and they have all the information. It is pretty sweet like 4 tracks including a pro and quad track and they also have so many trails. When do you head there I have a year membership that has about 6 months left on it you can have, since I am leave early september.
I'm not to sure as to when exactly I'll be getting there. The air force screwed up my orders pretty bad. I'm thinking I'll be getting there mid to end of sept.

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts
Nitrousjunkie...word to the wise...if you take your quad anywhere in the back of your truck, make sure it's chained/locked in some how. You can leave your car on the side of the road in some spots and it'll be on blocks within a short amount of time, the local ice heads steal everything, especially off-road toys and street bikes. I spent 4 years in Hawaii and seen many things stolen from fellow Marines.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts