Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking a droping in a hc3 found a good deal on one just wondering if it will take too much away from the bottom end until I can get a higher compression piston

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
700 sorry disregard my sign its from a while ago just picked up the 700 also it has the big 3

·
Registered
850 Posts
It wont destroy the low to mid-range but it will make it a little sluggish. I would pick up the cam and save for a piston and put them in at once. Or you can throw it in there and just deal with it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
From my experiences with engines in general, anytime overlap is added there Will be a loss of bottom end power. Compression escapes through the exhaust & so you lose low speed cylinder pressure. Maybe not alot in some cases but it's inevitable.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ride 80% on the drag strip and 20% just cruising around i dont really ride trailsso I'm not really worried about the low end

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will it kill my hole shot not having enough bottom end

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ran mine with the HC3 for about a month on stock piston, i did however have it P&P at the same time since I was getting new springs put in anyway. I hated it, even with the cam and port job it was worse than if it was stock.

·
Registered
219 Posts
i have a 11.1 piston and a hc3 and my low end is still sluggish, but love it still, my other mods help, thinkin of hc2

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
i have a 11.1 piston and a hc3 and my low end is still sluggish, but love it still, my other mods help, thinkin of hc2

i'm a little sluggish and low rpms but i also have a 15t front i should try putting the stock one on and see how she runs..hmm not thread jacking just gave me a idea lol

And i would wait for the piston/cam combo also. but remember if u dont know already those two mods will require a fuel controller.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I also changed my to 11:1 which helped considerably. I chose that to stay on pump gas, but tho I am moderately content with this piston am still thinking I should step up to 12:1. I do also agree with Leuthen my other mods help a lot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts