Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
You will need HD springs, and a clearanced exhaust rocker arm...
You might need the head to be clearanced around the cam bearing.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
You might need the head to be clearanced around the cam bearing.
Yep you do but it's the best of both worlds 50% trail=leisure 50% race=business. Great cam good for almost any type riding you do.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Where can I find one of these cams? I have a stage 2 Hot cam sitting on the bench that I took out of another Rappy and was going to put that in for now. How does it compare to the 50/50 cam?

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Where can I find one of these cams? I have a stage 2 Hot cam sitting on the bench that I took out of another Rappy and was going to put that in for now. How does it compare to the 50/50 cam?
Your gonna need head work springs and cleared rockers for the 5050. It's leaps and bounds over the hc2. It's great for me but maybe not for you. How do you ride. Oh if you don't go 11:1 piston you'll lose a lot of bottom end. It's not a drop in cam like a HC it's a big boy cam. Some say the best some say it's garbage but there's ton of custom grind out. It's according to what you want. But for the 50/50 contact DL700 he's the owner of the pattend he sells whatever aftermarket parts there is and some custom ones.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I do a lot of fast trail riding, pit riding (hill climbs), and fire roads.....may even do some drag racing this year. For now I will probably throw in the hc2 but next winter I plan on doing an 11:1 727 or 734 kit.....that's when I would like to do the 50/50 cam swap.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I had a 734 with the 5050, a dynatek programable ignition with DL700 curves( now they have a pc5 that comes with timing so it's just one unit instead of two) a +3 TB 10.75:1 compression DMC duals and laid down 70hp.

·
Registered
68 Posts
WOW!!! 70HP is huge.....must be a damn good cam. Did you have any head work done? What is the +3 TB?

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Yeah race port +2 valves

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
With hill climbs and fast trails along with drags Id go Web4. Itll be geared more towards that and you wont notice the loss of bottom end compared to the 5050, at least I dont. Every build is different.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
WOW!!! 70HP is huge.....must be a damn good cam. Did you have any head work done? What is the +3 TB?
A +3 TB is your stock throttle body bored +3mm for more air flow.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Now I gotta pop my head off. Check piston and head out. From where a throttle plate screw got sucked into engine. I may change from 50/50 to the 51/50 and 14:1 with inframe drag pipes. Trying to build a 90hp n/a bike.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Throttle plate/butterfly screw yep. It sucks just as I was getting over knee injury and could ride again after 6 months not riding. I wanna set it on fire sometimes lol but it's an excuse to go bigger tho lol.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I know but it's also funner to ride lol.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Lol it's never enough. Just feels and sound like it until I'm bored again. Then I want more or something different, me=ADHD I'm not comfortable in one spot to long lol.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts