Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what are all you guys gapping your valves at for the 5050 cam? I was told it was .005" intake .006" exaust. But I just talked to another guy who is gapping them higher. Is the valve lash build specific?:confused:

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
According to Web's website, it says .006-.008 for the Web 4. I would assume since the 5050 has the same lift, the gap spec would be the same.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm... Dl told me .005 .006 WTF!! I wonder if thats why my bike is a cold blooded bitch :(
But the web 4 isn't exactly the same as the HDD is it? Something must be different like duration or lift etc. Didn't you run the 5050 in your rappy wobble?
And is the valve lash adjusted differently based on build design like larger valves or HC piston, BB etc.???

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm nats ass .005" intake .006" exaust right now and it runs rough as hell up until it's about 180 degrees then coughs it all out and runs great except the idle fluctuates a bit.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Yes carpenter. I ran the 5050 before I had the Web 4. I used .005/.006 (DL's recommendation) on the 5050 and .006/.006 on the Web 4. Both builds ran great.

They have same lift, just slightly different duration.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmm... o.k. so I'm prolly good then huh?
I still dont know why she runs so rough on startup though. Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gosh I cant remember the values of hand. I checked them though and confirmed with DL that they were correct for high and low. .6 something low and 3.5 something for high approx. It's like the cold idle is all funked up. I should bring it down and monkey around with it with you?

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Sounds like a great excuse to have a couple beers! I'm a computer guy, not a mechanic, so don't expect too much out of me. :lol:

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL yeah yeah! your not foolin me haha!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts