Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone?

Only a $20 difference between running these 2 combo's.
Gncc fronts 22/7/10 and HD's out back 20/11/9

OR

Razr 2's

22/7/10 and 20/11/9 out back....

whats the better buy??

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I'd say the HD's and Razor 2's are even, they're both on the heavy side, never tried the newer gncc tire.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I even thought about doing 22'' front razr2's with 20'' razrs out back, but I really need a more aggresive tire frlo where I ride. I just dont wanna lose the speed of the bike due to weight.

Even though the 12:1 and stage 1 cam are now installed 8) pickin up tomorrow morning. Thanks RT!

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I didn't feel a big change in speed with the tires, however, I definetly felt a difference in the way the suspension reacted to the increased wheel weight, hitting quick bumps or jumping. Can't say a whole lot about the gncc.. stay away from the 22" razor's or hd's unless clearnce is an issue..they are very heavy for a tire..They actually measure 22.5". I had a set, I rarely got stuck at all, but I really sacrificed a lot of handling, which usually put me close to the end of the pack on our mx track on the drier days.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ended up with the 22'' front gncc's and 20'' HD out back. I sent a couple of PM's to a member on here who does GNCC racing and we talked about different setups. Got a great price from rockymountainatv due to spending over $1k last year recieved 30% off! I'll post up my feelings towards them once there mounted.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Good deal, I'm interested to see how they handle.,,not just in mud, but all-around.

·
Registered
371 Posts
i just got a set of hd's i think overall there good all around tires, corning a bit of a problem like on burms, only because of the wide stance and square, but i like them. tell me what you think

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Hd's and rzr2's are the best tires in some nasty muddy trails-tracks,..they suck on any dry or packed, hard surfaces,...particularly when cornering hard. Any other tire feels better when jumping.. :lol:....well the 22" rears and 23" anyways!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I finally broke down and ordered some wheels and tire, got the kenda K548 and K549's with T9 wheels. Should be here Wednesday. $470 for the set at a local dealer
scroll down, thier near the bottom.
http://www.kendausa.com/atv/radial.html

Sorry 03rappy, not a bit of help for your question. Do both tire discriptions fit the terrain you ride?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes they do.

Where I ride its rather rough, alot of nasty stuff but some nice trails. When it doesnt rain its a blast after everything dries up because thats when I get to really haul ass. I needed a set of tires that dont have just one use like mud or race. The HD's I feel are going to be the best of both worlds (20'') giving the feel of a sport tire with the grip of a mud type tire in sticky stuff.

3 out of 5 of my good buddies ride 750 brute forces and 1 artic cat 650 all atleast have 27'' tires and all the supporting mods(chip,exhaust etc etc). I'm the minority and they hate me because they cant keep up. I just needed a set of tires so I dont have to worry about them needing to pull me out every 30 seconds, I'll post a pic of my stockers and you will see why I needed new tires 8)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I HAVE RAZR2S ALL AROUND AND LOVE THEM. THEY RIDE AND PREFORM GREAT IN ANY CONDITION FROM MUDDY TRAILS TO ROCKS TO EVEN SNOW A COUPLE TIMES HERE LATELY. I LIKE THEM BETTER THAN THE HDS BECAUSE EVERYONE HAS THEM AND I LIKE BEING DIFFERENT. BUT REALY EITHER ONE YOU CANT GO WRONG

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have HD`s on the back (20) got them just befor x-mas I have not been in the mud with them because I live in IL, But in the snow I like them I can get a round so much better then the stock tires

1 - 12 of 12 Posts