Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i noticed last night a little spot where my head gasket on right side next to exhuast..its leaking...its not leaking bad but you can tell that there has been oil seeping out...does this mean i should rebuild the top end? its never been rebuilt and its an 05 and im third owner..i do here alittle ticking in top end ...i was planning on eventually rebuilding but not this soon>>>should i worry about it, and can i still continue to ride? i will love to here what you guys have to say

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
hey i noticed last night a little spot where my head gasket on right side next to exhuast..its leaking...its not leaking bad but you can tell that there has been oil seeping out...does this mean i should rebuild the top end? its never been rebuilt and its an 05 and im third owner..i do here alittle ticking in top end ...i was planning on eventually rebuilding but not this soon>>>should i worry about it, and can i still continue to ride? i will love to here what you guys have to say
Sounds like your loosing your head gasket...

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I dont understand why the head gasket should leak oil on the right side, it could be the valve cover leaking oil.........

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya most likely just head gasket ..but willy killer what i meant was that it is the first spot i noticed it leaking abit ..i should of worded it better..but thanks for info..i just dnt want to f#$# up my bike

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
ya most likely just head gasket ..but willy killer what i meant was that it is the first spot i noticed it leaking abit ..i should of worded it better..but thanks for info..i just dnt want to f#$# up my bike
What I meant is that it is impossible for the head gasket to leak oil there because there is no oil on that side of the head gasket............

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh ya i never thought of that ...brain fart....so would that mean my rings could be gone and im starting to burn?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
oh ya i never thought of that ...brain fart....so would that mean my rings could be gone and im starting to burn?
It would mean that your valve cover could be leaking oil, there is a small weep hole on the right side of the engine head that if it leaks oil, will leak from this weep hole but it is actually the valve cover that is leaking.............

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
okay thanks again..ill let you know if it gets bad and will send picks..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts