Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of yalls head pipe glow after a long time riding at night.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Most aftermarket header pipes are thinner walled. They will glow really bad at night. Most peoples on here glow at night. Just check spark plug to make sure but glowing is normal.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Raptor_Ryder7 said:
Do any of yalls head pipe glow after a long time riding at night.
I got mine January of 06 and when I went for my initial rides, it was glowing red. Still does, perhaps F/A ratio isn't right on the point even at stock state.

Erik

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
glowing is usally lean, I fattened mine up some and it only glows about the first inch

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine is bone stock and glows really bad on the first 2".

·
Registered
79 Posts
I you think 700 headers glow bad, you should see YFZ headers. My 06' burnt a hole in many pairs of jeans. I used to light cig's off of it.

·
Registered
665 Posts
just installed the dual lte exhaust this weekend and they were glowing really bad, my buddy at the shop said it was running lean

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
my 666cc raptor glows so well it lights up the ground and shit around it after 5 mins of riding or idling sometimes even before 5 mins of running you can see it glowing in daylight :eek:

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm thinking its normal. Both our 2 week old 700's do it. Kinda cool!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
YFZbrad said:
I you think 700 headers glow bad, you should see YFZ headers. My 06' burnt a hole in many pairs of jeans. I used to light cig's off of it.
Ha ha.... I was going to say the same thing. Yfz headers glow like crazy...no matter how well its tuned/jetted.
700 headers glow.....as do a lot of sport quads......its perfectly normal to have some glowing. Just check your spark plug and make sure it checks right! :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts