Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the actual difference between a stock Head Pipe and aftermarket? The obvious answer is it larger , I THINK?
So what is the actual size difference???? Why would it not be possible to "bore" out the HEAD PIPE with a drill and a one of those round sand paper bits? Little bit of a rigged up question but just crossed my mind..

·
Registered
262 Posts
if you want cheap mods get a 1 3/4(size might be off) metal hole saw and cut the metal baffle inside the muffler I did this with a dobeck controller and beat many modded YFZ's This is before there were many exhausts for the 700R those parts with the extention and hole saw were like 40 bucks at home depot and 120 bucks for the controller your set at 160 bucks just remove your air box lid

·
Registered
494 Posts
silent1985 said:
What is the actual difference between a stock Head Pipe and aftermarket? The obvious answer is it larger , I THINK?
So what is the actual size difference???? Why would it not be possible to "bore" out the HEAD PIPE with a drill and a one of those round sand paper bits? Little bit of a rigged up question but just crossed my mind..
The factory head pipe is nearly paper thin. There is not enough material to bore it out. Even if there was, you couldnt get to the entire inside diameter through the bends.

An aftermarket header can have a larger diameter, and differnt y pipe placement. It also is designed to fit the manufacturers intermediate pipe and muffler.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts