Raptor Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,172 Posts
70 hp from a stock valve size ported head with 11.5:1 stock bore piston and a hc3?
About 70HP, but close. And with +1 valves and at least a +3TB. There are variables. Can you run 11.5 at your elevation and what fuel do you have available? And of course a fuel controler with timing, and dyno tuned. And not your back yard porter, check Cuervo, HPS, and the one Cammy likes.

Reactions: Cammy and ian77

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
"and the one Cammy likes" lol no offense to anyone i just thought it was funny. Im sure they do good work otherwise he wouldnt advise it.

Reactions: Cammy

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,172 Posts
"and the one Cammy likes" lol no offense to anyone i just thought it was funny. Im sure they do good work otherwise he wouldnt advise it.
Kenz or Racers Edge I think.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
70 hp from a stock valve size ported head with 11.5:1 stock bore piston and a hc3?
About 70HP, but close. And with +1 valves and at least a +3TB. There are variables. Can you run 11.5 at your elevation and what fuel do you have available? And of course a fuel controler with timing, and dyno tuned. And not your back yard porter, check Cuervo, HPS, and the one Cammy likes.
Wow that would be a good number. I can run 11.5:1. We have 93 octane around here and I'm sure if I had to, be able to find 110 (not ideal though). I really appreciate all the good info.

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
Totally reasonable. I'm at 62 with just bolt on parts and a hotcam 3.

Reactions: ian77

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
Wow that would be a good number. I can run 11.5:1. We have 93 octane around here and I'm sure if I had to, be able to find 110 (not ideal though). I really appreciate all the good info.
If you have 110 available and want some serious power, send your head off for porting and clearancing for a big cam and do a 14:1.
This will mean a big throttle body and a different intake though.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I have the 11:1 piston now. I wouldn't want to run 110 as there are limited gas stations that actually sell it around me.
What all do you have on yours that makes 62 hp?

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,451 Posts
I'm running a 11.5:1. Love the fact I can go to any gas station and fill it up with 93 and tear apart 85% of all the bikes out on the sand. Racers edge will always be my go to when it comes to motor work, right now they have a turbo yxz making well north of 300hp to the wheels. My bike makes 72hp on pump gas with a stock bore stock stroke.

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
I have the 11:1 piston now. I wouldn't want to run 110 as there are limited gas stations that actually sell it around me.
What all do you have on yours that makes 62 hp?
+3 tb, hotcam3, monster exhaust, fci, pc5 timing. It is the 2015+ head though.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I'm running a 11.5:1. Love the fact I can go to any gas station and fill it up with 93 and tear apart 85% of all the bikes out on the sand. Racers edge will always be my go to when it comes to motor work, right now they have a turbo yxz making well north of 300hp to the wheels. My bike makes 72hp on pump gas with a stock bore stock stroke.
Holy s***. 300 would be insane lol.

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
So you don't have any head work done other than the cam?
None. Motor has never been apart. The new design just plain makes more power at this level of mods.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts