Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my fmf powerbomb header in, and i have a hmf slip on, when i was putting on the muffler, it didnt fit, both the header exit and the muffler pipe are the just about the same size, anything on what i should do.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Just about the same size, or exactly the same size? OEM is a looser fit because of the gasket/bushing, aftermarket to aftermarket should be a very tight, but doable fit.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i say exactly pretty much, should the pipe go over the header or in

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
suggestions on the best way to do it

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Rubber mallet, cold on the header and heat on the canister.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
maddog,

I read you have the same pipe as i do on one of your bikes. My pipe came with two little rings about an inch and a quarter in diameter. Do these go between the header pipe and the engine block?

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Those are your exhaust gaskets, and yes they go between the header and where it bolts onto the head.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Take a blow torch and heat the canister where they should meet. Have someone take the header and someone take the canister and shove them together. You could also bolt on the headers, then heat the canister side and use the bike to hold the header. Keep heating until you can put the bolts in to mount the canister to the bike. Bang it with a rubber mallet if it doesn't seem to want to go. Heat and a mallet should work.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
got it all working now, had to get the end cut off the pipe and new pipe welded on works great.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Hmm, we've had a couple of slip ons (e-series and t-4) slide right onto the powerbomb.

Sorry to hear you had such trouble, but good to know it's working now.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well after trying to get it in the header and then trying to get the metal on the pipe to go back out it created cracks, were it had slits. so had to get a new piece welded on

1 - 12 of 12 Posts