Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all

i recently purchased a yoshi slip on off a fellow member and will now start looking into a header but do they actually make that much difference and should i go with a yoshi one of does that not really matter, i have seen a few people with the fmf powerbomb one is this a good choice, will any header go with any slip on??

any help would be great

also i have a dobeck on its way would there be different setting for different headers, just thinking of how hard it would/could be if i had some random set up that no one else had

thanks

Ben

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Champ, as far as I know any header will fit on any slip on. I have a FMF powerbomb header and hooks up pretty good. I have to buy a T-clamp to put on where the two meet in the middle. Other then that its all good. About the mapping part, couldnt really tell ya much but just to get a custom map made. Im using a full exhaust map from fuelmoto but i dont think its a map made for the powerbomb header. good luck with your findings -- WOODY

·
Registered
209 Posts
I bought a GYT-R slip on when I bought my quad, but no header.
I've been kicking around the idea of using an FMF Powerbomb. In my experience, adding a resonator (powerbomb) to your exhaust will bring the volume down some, but it will also help change the character of the sound some, less raspiness, more mellow.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nah i got the dobeck way cheaper then i could have got a pc they are like they are $400us over here which is $500 aud and they dont sell the dobeck over here which i got for $115 us ($150 AUD) now thats a pretty big difference

my other question is for the money is the header really worth it ?

Ben

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
[CHAMP said:
]
nah i got the dobeck way cheaper then i could have got a pc they are like they are $400us over here which is $500 aud and they dont sell the dobeck over here which i got for $115 us ($150 AUD) now thats a pretty big difference

my other question is for the money is the header really worth it ?

Ben
Is your butt dyno going to tell a big difference by adding a better header? Probally not, but it will make a difference and a little difference here and there adds up. :grin_nod:

As far as headers go power bomb makes a good one and you would probally be happy with it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sweet well at the moment i think i would be better off buying better tires then making it faster so it has even less traction

thanks for you help peeps

Ben

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.