Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the Dr. D slip on pipe but i was thinking about getting headers for it...i dont want to spend the $$ if its not worth it...i was thinking i would just get the gyrt headers unless there are better ones? is it worth the money? can you notice any power increase? thanks!

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
There are som hp gains from headers, has to do with the bends. Might I suggest seperate headers? :lol:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
dmckinney33 said:
i have the Dr. D slip on pipe but i was thinking about getting headers for it...i dont want to spend the $$ if its not worth it...i was thinking i would just get the gyrt headers unless there are better ones? is it worth the money? can you notice any power increase? thanks!
This has been covered a million times. Use the Search feature and read. I am sure you will find the answers you are looking for.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
I have the Dr D full exhaust and I did it all at once so I don't know how much but I am sure there is a difference. I would recommend even calling Dubach and speaking with them. The only downfall is the lack of a heat sheild. Several pairs of pants got ruined before I bought a heat resistant pair of riding pants. My suggestion would be stick with the same brand they were researched and designed to fit together.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i did slip on first then the header,should of spent my money on tires,didn't feel any gains,but what do i know :crazy:

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
If you check the #'s between slips and full systems it seems there is about a 2 hp diff. Probally wouldn't feel any real gains. I know on my duals the "collection" is effected. The pipes get bigger from head outlet to tailpipe. Those who have the LTE duals will see this to be the reason of the pipe consruction not being "smooth" like stock. It is not possible to get the taper effect by swelling the pipes, this is why we see the ridge on top and bottom. With most after market pipes I've seen/read about in the past the bend at the head outlets is longer, or not as tight, giving exhaust gasses an easier route to the tailpipe. As stated before, most headers don't come with a heat shield. DMC did add one and LTE's have some small ones, but most single tails do not. Some companies do have heatshields, not sure which. I saw in another thread that somebody did fashion the stock heatshield to an aftermarket header, can't remember who. :unsure:
http://www.raptorforum.com/index.php?topic=12736.msg135303#msg135303 (sorry for the theft Teraflx) :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts