Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive got a used stock exhaust heading my way. wanted to know if rather than leaving the oem headers all funky looking, can they be painted with the high temp engine paint or will that just burn away immediately. just thaught black would be better than that worn out rusty look. thanks in advance guys

·
Premium Member
242 Posts

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
I would think the flame proof stuff definately would. I've never put my temp gun on my header after riding but I wouldn't think it would get to 2000 degrees. I'm going to see if my auto parts store has any this weekend and give it a shot

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just to let you know i got the 2000 degree header paint from napa auto and it worked great. for the stuff to fully cure you have to bake it luckily it fit in the oven worked out great

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
good to know, i still may try the flame proof stuff because it doesn't need to be baked on

eta: post some pics

·
Registered
64 Posts
I used high temp header paint on mine and let's just say that it didn't work out to well lol

·
Registered
621 Posts
You can always clean then up with some WD40 and wire wool.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ill let you guys know saturday. ive had it run already but not ridden. but im going out saturday for a few hours. if it works out well ill post a pic of the stuff i used

1 - 12 of 12 Posts