Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need super bright lights, I’m blind at night plus i tinted my lenses. Would love to go with red lights and I’ve seen a few angel/raptor eye options?

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Ehh.... :metal:

Nah just messing with yea :D Your best option for lighting would be a HID kit from Rigid, or you can take your chances with one of the eBay ones. They just replace the stock bulbs and get the best bang for the buck. If your still in need of more light you can also mount a 6 or 10 inch light bar on the bars.

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Would be cool to see red angel eyes on your bike!
For bright lighting you may wanna ask rap_rider about the led bars he sells. He has a bunch of sizes and intensities. Would def light up your trail! You could tuck them in behind the front grab bar or something.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would be cool to see red angel eyes on your bike!
For bright lighting you may wanna ask rap_rider about the led bars he sells. He has a bunch of sizes and intensities. Would def light up your trail! You could tuck them in behind the front grab bar or something.
i like the sound of that!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Light bar or HID kit - or both

·
Registered
40 Posts

The second pic is with 1 HID on and the angel eye/ devil eye... You can't see the halo with the HID on... Headlights are lot brighter then stock but I'm still thinking of getting a led light bar if I start doing some more night riding.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

·
Registered
287 Posts

The second pic is with 1 HID on and the angel eye/ devil eye... You can't see the halo with the HID on... Headlights are lot brighter then stock but I'm still thinking of getting a led light bar if I start doing some more night riding.

What kit did you buy and how hard was it to install?

·
Registered
417 Posts
I showed everyone a thread on how you can use some CCFL fan rings to make the eyes. It's cheap and hold up great as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got the projectors from eBay I'll send the link in a minute when I find it. And this was my first time ever doing something like this and my first time using a dremel. That was all I needed was a dremel to cut some of the reflector so the projector would fit. I had to watch a few YouTube videos to get the wiring down but now I understand it well. If you want to try it and need help I can help you. I have some pics that I snapped while I was installing them too.

·
ROTM Winner
194 Posts
Project done!!! Can't wait to get these on the Rappy!!! BIG thanks to gmfeny for the info!!!

Reactions: Stu_Raptor700

·
ROTM Winner
194 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Lol I'm a little jealous. I asked my friends if I should do that and they told me no because the headlight was too small and it wouldn't look good. I believed them. Guess I was wrong they like nice!
By the way for anyone else looking to buy the projectors here is where I got them. http://www.ebay.com/itm/161243720578

·
www.gtpoffroad.com
2,576 Posts
we do have several options for LED lights to ad to the bike. It's going to be pretty hard for a stock headlight with anything in it to compete with even one of our small lights. Adding a pair the 3" LED lights would really help you out. A 6" CREE could also be a great ad on. They don't look as cool as some of the head lights mods, but these will help you see where your going for sure.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Project done!!! Can't wait to get these on the Rappy!!! BIG thanks to gmfeny for the info!!!

These are awesome, good work! I'm looking for a good lights upgrade and was thinking about doing your setup.
Hows the lights during nighttime? Any picture of that?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Where can I get headlights like these? I've been looking but didn't find anything similar.

Attachments

Reactions: walalaa99

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got the projectors from eBay I'll send the link in a minute when I find it. And this was my first time ever doing something like this and my first time using a dremel. That was all I needed was a dremel to cut some of the reflector so the projector would fit. I had to watch a few YouTube videos to get the wiring down but now I understand it well. If you want to try it and need help I can help you. I have some pics that I snapped while I was installing them too.

Hows it going? thanks for posting the upgrade. What videos helped you the most on youtube? Any help would be greatly appreciated I should be ordering my kit here within the next month. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts