Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have this problem? If you roll it, you break a headlight. :mad: Do they sell anything or has anyone fabricated anything to make the brackets stronger?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Ya, a lot of guys have had this problem ( and I've seen a lot of busted lights on the trails :lol:). I'd imagine they break there so other more important and expensive parts don't break.

·
Registered
468 Posts
yeah i have broke a headlight a couple time n i gave up on the new ones and i just put a ton of gorila glue on it and stuck it back together it has held up for quiet some time now

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes, I ordered stock lights once and they just broke again my first day out. Didn't even get to try them out that night. Lost the plastic covers that go over and they were just hanging. So I said screw that and bought some frame mounted HID's which are much better.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Xlr8hers said:
Yes, I ordered stock lights once and they just broke again my first day out. Didn't even get to try them out that night. Lost the plastic covers that go over and they were just hanging. So I said screw that and bought some frame mounted HID's which are much better.
I've seen the HID's and they are sweet. Laser Star(weekendconcepts.com) makes a nice kit, and so does Trail Tech(trailtech.net). Thats the best way to go to replace broken lights. JMO.

Trev

·
Registered
289 Posts
I wrecked my rappy and the head light didnt break but the damn metal bracket that holds it on bent and gave way and then the radiator bent and i was stuck for hours with coolant all around me on the trail. I wish the head light would have broke instead. :mad:

·
Registered
218 Posts
my wifes headlights have broken a couple times (each time when someone else was riding it). I've bent the metal that holds the headlight/fenderbracket a few times. just have to bend it back. I think I weekended it when I did my 4th gear tumble. since then it seems like I'm always bending it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
what fun is that?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.