Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a set of head phones or something to listen to music while I ride.

I have Apples new ear buds that are designed for active use, but my ears aren't really built for ear buds.

I've seen some "ear plug" ear buds. They are like ear plugs and ear buds put together. The foam fits to ear. Just wonder if they work or not before I spend the money on them.

What do you guys use? Has to be something that will fit in my helmet.

·
Super Moderator
8,109 Posts
I know some guys wear them, but it's a safety factor. You can't hear what's around you. I have crested hills on my dirt bike hearing other people yelling for help. At the top of a hill, you let off the gas. Seen crazy stuff, I am against wearing them.

Reactions: john jr and DugT

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there,

I normally just lurk around but decided to drop in because this is something I can really talk about.

I'm a real audiophile and I've spent days if not weeks on the web just reviewing different headphones that fit my taste.
For sporting I use Bowers & Wilkins In-Ear Headphones. They are very nice earbuds and they have secure loop technology, which them firmly in your ears, I love them.

I found them from this article: http://thetechplanet.net/6-best-noise-cancelling-earbuds/ - maybe it will help you too.

Hope I was helpful :)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I'll look into it. I'm into music big time too. I'd only really be using them for when I'm by myself on a ride. Not very populated out here.

morphrider: I can go 3 hours and not see anyone, so having to have my hearing won't make that big of a difference. Plus we can't really say you cannot drive/ride without hearing. That would be singling out the deaf community pretty quick. My buddy's cousin rides amateur 250 track races and he's almost 90% deaf lol.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey there,

I normally just lurk around but decided to drop in because this is something I can really talk about.

I'm a real audiophile and I've spent days if not weeks on the web just reviewing different headphones that fit my taste.
For sporting I use Bowers & Wilkins In-Ear Headphones. They are very nice earbuds and they have secure loop technology, which them firmly in your ears, I love them.

I found them from this article: http://thetechplanet.net/6-best-noise-cancelling-earbuds/ - maybe it will help you too.

How is the sound quality against something like apple ear buds? Also how durable would you say they are?

·
Super Moderator
8,109 Posts
Hey there,

Thanks for coming out of the shadows for this, welcome to the forum!

·
THE SAND DUNES HAVE RULES ----- "Follow Them"-
732 Posts
I know some guys wear them, but it's a safety factor. You can't hear what's around you. I have crested hills on my dirt bike hearing other people yelling for help. At the top of a hill, you let off the gas. Seen crazy stuff, I am against wearing them.
+1.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Ear buds DO NOT work for riding. You need speakers instead. I'm using the ones made by rugged radios (actually their helmet radio kit) but I've used the stand alone speakers before I got the radio kit. The speakers are pretty awesome IMO. Not much bass but come on... They are like $30 on amazon and pretty easy to install.

And with speakers instead of ear buds you can still hear everything around you. Like trophy trucks and such haha

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just bought a set of Philips ear hook headphones. Just has like a normal ear bud but its got a stiff rubber piece that goes around your ear to hold it in place. I used to use these when I was younger. They work pretty well for staying in your ear. I'm not gonna make my raptor too loud so I should be able to hear them fine.

They having some that are half the price, but from the reviews this is best bang for buck.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Those Philips ear hook headphones work perfect! For anyone wondering. Well worth 30 bucks, they not only have great quality sound and bass (very comfortable as well), but it acts like an ear plug and cuts down outside noise. But not completely which I like. Just kind of turns the volume down on everything to 50%. You can still hear engine and everything, but the music comes in crystal clear. Feels like you're in a B.A. movie haha.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts