1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
RF Moderating Team Member / Wheelie Master
4,326 Posts
Been thinking that's my next mod too. :)

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Yeah I saw those and liked them also! I rode a buddy's quad the other day and he doesn't use heal gaurds at all. It was really uncomfortable for me not to have them. I like the security for one thing and I also hold around half the weight of my body on my heals and not on my pegs. Definetly a must have IMO :)

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I know how you feel about having them. I was surprised how cheap they were like 63 with shipping off of ebay. They look great for duners but what about trail riders.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
They will prolly get beat to hell out on the trails but for that price who cares haha!

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah good point and if its muddy its less for it hold.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Haha yeah another upside lol I think you've sold me too. After my gytr's fall off I'll switch up to some of these albas ;)

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Carp I couldn't find them on there site but I talked to the guy there and they still make them. I was getting worried that if it was on ebay it was like a left over thing but you should be fine when ever they fall off. He was saying they handle the rocks pretty good so I guess I'll see when I put them through the tests lol.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Haha yeah they seem a lil thin but if nothing else before you go beating them up take down some dimensions and build a similar set out of chromoly or even some DOM ;)

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
good idea but I dont have a bender to to that stuff. But in chromoly those things would be real tough.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
They sell some cheap benders at harbor freight. Just heat and bend or even just miter and weld with no bends. But for 60 bucks it's almost worth just buying them. Although I like the personal satisfaction of building my own shit if I can you know what I mean?

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah its good to build it, this way you can fix it when it breaks lol and i think i know what benders your talking about. its a hand pump bender?

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Yeah they are just some cheap hydraulic benders but they work great as long as you don't try bending some 1/4" wall 4" DOM or chromoly tubing lol If you need to bend something that big a little heat helps a lot ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts