Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha 700R
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to replace stock heat shield on my 2020 700R with a cool aftermarket replacement (blue) if possible. Any suggestions? All advice and guidance is helpful...thanks !

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
You can make your own, as I plan to over the winter.
All you need is some carbon fiber and resin, it works and sets up about the same as fiberglass.
You can use the stock heat sheild as the mold, and trim the edges and drill the 2 holes after it dries.
I have seen the cf available in blue also, check ebay or amazon.
The reason I want to do this is because of the extreme heat and humidity where I live.
I wear full gear, but on some trail rides it's just shorts, shoes, t-shirt, helmet and gloves.
So I can feel the heat on my right leg.
I've been on sportbikes for decades, and after my first cf muffler years ago, I only buy cf mufflers now. Reason being, on a hot day, with a hot engine, I can bare hand grab a cf muffler and not get burned.
It's hot, but not dangerous.
So if I make a cf heat sheild, it should move some of the concentrated heat away from the pipe, and knock the heat on my right leg down a few degrees.

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha 700R
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That’s sounds like a great solution, but I’d really rather just buy it..lol! Ideally I want the color of the heat shield Yamaha Blue to match the other Yamaha Blue booklet aluminum accessories. Hopefully I’ll find something

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Good luck, I havn't seen any aftermarket heat sheilds for the 700 other than what comes on aftermarket exhaust.
You could have your heat sheild ceramic coated blue, or anodized.
You also may be able to make a generic cf heat sheild work, there are alot available on ebay.

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha 700R
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good luck, I havn't seen any aftermarket heat sheilds for the 700 other than what comes on aftermarket exhaust.
You could have your heat sheild ceramic coated blue, or anodized.
You also may be able to make a generic cf heat sheild work, there are alot available on ebay.
So you think that you Could powder coat it ? Would the heat cause it to peel or crack ? Too bad someone doesnt make them.....could be a hot item

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
So you think that you Could powder coat it ? Would the heat cause it to peel or crack ? Too bad someone doesnt make them.....could be a hot item
I agree, I think you could sell a few, especially for a 700.
As for the powdercoat, I personally would expect it to dull and begin to burn off in a short time.
Ceramic coating is much more heat resistant, and a better choice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts