Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just put a full exhaust on one of my bikes... took it out n rode it and found a nice little hold in my riding pants from my exhaust... the exhaust didnt come with a heat shield and the stock one will not fit on the new one... So have any of you Made or know of a way to make one? or someone who makes them? I just dont feel like burning holes in my $100 pair of pants lol.... heres a pic of the exhaust... and yes this is on my 06 Honda 450er... not my raptor...

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
You could always get a pair of riding boots / mx pants that have leather on the inside of the legs.

Find a pice of stainless steel pipe and cut it in half down the middle. Then have a welding shop weld on two tabs that have threads in them. You can bolt the half pice on the header by it self. Or sandwich a layer of gasket material between the two hafls and have a 2 layer heat shield.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Go to Auto Zone and buy some header wrap, I did mine and it helped out great. Clean the the pipe, then paint the area that your going to wrap and let dry. After it drys take the wrap that your going to use and soak in water and the follow the directions on the package. Wetting it allows you to get a very tight wrap and I started at the back and work forward. I secured mine with electric fence wire till I could bring some safety wire home from work. I will be doing the entire pipe when I am done with my build this winter.

By the way it makes a mess when you wrap it when it is wet, be ready to clean.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
I've had the same problem with my Trinity pipe. Either wrap the pipe as suggested above or do as I do and wear only the leather inseam riding pants.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Y r you wearing $100 jeans to ride in lol damn
But yes I will be heat wrapping my dual monsters as they burn the crap out of my pants aswell

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Y r you wearing $100 jeans to ride in lol damn
But yes I will be heat wrapping my dual monsters as they burn the crap out of my pants aswell
I never ride a Woods course without boots, gloves, knee braces, kidney belt, goggles and helmet...$100 pants seem to fit over my knee braces and kidney belt much better and are more comfortable than jeans. Check ebay for used, I'm not to proud to shop around for used $100 riding pants at half price.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts