Raptor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, let me list what i already have done to my raptor. It's a 2006, with: -dynojet powercommander usb III (don't have a pipe yet, but couldn't pass up the deal), cfm aluminum airbox, cfm inline coolant coolers, cfm oversized oil tank, cfm fins(aluminum fins that look similar to the fins on the old 250r's that bolt under your front plastics and direct air to the jug and the head pipes to keep it running cooler), ELKA system III steering damper, Pro taper handlebars, Dr. D reverse knob relocater, Yamaha yzf-450 front shocks, IMS ROLL nerf bars, IMS ROLL heel guards, IMS ROLL foot pegs, IMS ROLL front bumper, IMS ROLL rear grab bar, PWR oversized radiator, armadillo full skids, pro armor radiator guard, ITP HD holeshot tires/rims, and that's pretty much it except for a few small other things. First, are there any other little simple tricks out there like the 15 tooth front sprocket? WTF?!! I couldn't believe what a difference this made!! Second, what pipe should i get? I have read numerous pipe shoot-outs where CT-racing came out on top. I have also heard a LOT about LTE duals lately. What about FMF's POWER-BOMB header? WTF is THAT THING?!! Third, will the yzf-450 rear shock fit onto my raptor 700? I have noticed that when i hit bigger jumps, my front holds up fine(yzf-450 front shocks), and my rear shock (stock) will bottom out pretty easily.
THANKS for your time!! :help:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Thats alot to take in. :lol:

Ill try and get started.....

What pipe? Honestly get the one you think will match your bike the best and is in your budget. At most different pipes are making a few more hp then others but nothing drastic so get what you like.

fmf powerbomb? Its a header setup made by fmf, its pretty good but I personally would just buy a full matching exhuast so you dont have to worry about fit or leak problems.

yfz450 rear shock fit? No, they have a different setup then the 700s shock so they dont fit properly. Is your stock shock set on the stiffest setting for you already?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I SHOULD HAVE MY DUAL DMC'S THIS WEEK SO I WILL POST SOME RESULTS. MILFMAN DID YOU DISCONNECT YOUR SPEED SENSOR? I HEARD THAT IT WOULD SET OFF THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT BUT I HAVE BEEN RIDING FOR MONTHS AND NOT ONCE HAS IT EVER COME ON. IT IS INSANE WHAT A DIFFERENCE IT MAKES DISCONNECTED, ESPECIALLY IF YOU DO ANY STREET RIDING. I MUST HAVE HAD MY BIKE UP NEAR 100MPH. TRY IT OUT IF YOU HAVENT DONE SO...ITS NUTS.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
buy one whole exhaust system together...so far LTE's are the most powerful pipes on the market for these raptors besides out the side drag pipes... :grin_nod: Also if you get the LTE's some of us barrowed a custom map from raptor randy that he did a dyno with. 51hp and 48hp at 7,000 rpm! think about that powerband! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THANKS YFZ RAPTOR 700R ! :grin_nod: Where is my speed sensor located?
MACHY i'll keep the LTE duals in mind. Whatever makes the most power(even if it's only 1hp, i WANT IT!) I'm def. going with a dual system now that i have found this forum. TERAFLX, i didn't know my rear shock was adjustible. didn't even look at it. THANKS! MAN AM I GLAD I FOUND THIS FORUM. YOU GUYS ARE THE SHIZZNITT!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
125 Posts
here are the speed sensor pics...its a triangular 3 pin plug....make sure you disconnect the right one there are atleast two. the bike wont start with the wrong one unplugged so just use the other if this happens. you will see the sensor sticking out the back of the motor. good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
DMC also makes a nice dual if thats what you want. I like the way theirs looks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Get the DMC Dual system...Nice performance, nice look and perfect fit!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
669 Posts
and the dmc's are in stock :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
does disconnecting your speed sensor really work? And does it make it go a lot faster? And what is the the about the 15 tooth front sprocket? How does that make a difference? I have a 07 raptor, completely stock and I really would like to get some tips from anyone who is willing to help to make my bike alot faster, because I have a friend that has a honda 450r and he is beating my bike and he just added a couple little things to his bike to make it faster. But please anyone help me, because I really would like to make my bike a hell of alot faster!!!!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
gsmoove said:
does disconnecting your speed sensor really work? And does it make it go a lot faster? And what is the the about the 15 tooth front sprocket? How does that make a difference? I have a 07 raptor, completely stock and I really would like to get some tips from anyone who is willing to help to make my bike alot faster, because I have a friend that has a honda 450r and he is beating my bike and he just added a couple little things to his bike to make it faster. But please anyone help me, because I really would like to make my bike a hell of alot faster!!!!
The speed sensor will only add top speed to your bike, not more hp or anything. It can only be unplugged for about 8 hours before your check engine light will come one, when it does just plug it back in, roll the bike forward and the check engine light will come off. Then you can unplug it again for another six hours.

The 15t sprocket will help a stock bike a little but you will loose some low end power but gain usable gear where you need it which is 1st and 2nd. Its better for people who have modded there bikes who have more hp so its ok too loose a little down low since your gaining soo much up top.

·
Registered
125 Posts
it will help and will be noticible. i have a power commander, proflow intake, 15t front sprocket, speed sensor unplugged, stock spark arrestor removed and my bike is insane. the speed sensor retards the timing of the bike at certain speed and rpm that is why at top speed the rpm is so low. pull that plug and your bike will pull hard through each gear including 5th. take my word for it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Are you 100% sure unplugging that speed sensor wont mess up my bike? Or when u take off the air box will it mess up the engine?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
gsmoove said:
Are you 100% sure unplugging that speed sensor wont mess up my bike? Or when u take off the air box will it mess up the engine?
100% sure pulling the plug wont mess up the engine. I wouldnt pull off your lid till you get a controller and some type of aftermarket filter with an outerwears like the prodesign or gyt-r.

·
Registered
125 Posts
the worst possible scenario is that your check engine light comes on and to clear it you just plug it back in. i would not lie to you. i have had mine unplugged for over a year and i have never seen that light.....i agree dont take off that lid untill you have a prefilter and your bike may run lean without the power commander. hope i could help.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts