Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So had some threads in my head starting to get bad so I decided I would helicoil them. Took my head studs in and told them this is the size I need. They went in the back to size them up and came back with a helicoil kit. Expecting them to have done there job job on the head and ran out of time. This morning I went to put it together and found out the heilcoil is not the right size ... its an M10x1.25 and must be its supposed to be an M9x1.25 :mad:. Either way my head studs don't fit anymore.

Is there another option like running an M9x1.25 helicoil into the m10 helicoil? Remove the helicoil and put in a different insert? Find a stud that has M10x1.25 on one end and 3/8x24 on the other?

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Which head studs are you running? I can't remember which ones the are but my kms studs had different threads from one end to the other. I can't remember if they were the cylinder or the head studs.

·
Registered
435 Posts
if the bolts dont go through, drill out for clearance if that is your issue..you cant go down in tap size....i have never trusted helicoils for anything like that. good luck

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes the helicoil is installed already... and yes it is my 3 plug head. I guess right now my best option is to see if ARP can custom make a stud with M10 threads to go into the helicoil. The other option was to get a M10 sockethead-capscrew to use instead of the stud.

The studs were all the same configured - head side (M9-1.25 x 60mm long x 3/8-24) nut side

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Yes the helicoil is installed already... and yes it is my 3 plug head. I guess right now my best option is to see if ARP can custom make a stud with M10 threads to go into the helicoil. The other option was to get a M10 sockethead-capscrew to use instead of the stud.

The studs were all the same configured - head side (M9-1.25 x 60mm long x 3/8-24) nut side
Find some bolts to match the helicoils............:)

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah. I'm thinking that is what I will do. It is only one hole that I helicoiled and I would have liked to keep everything the same but I don't think that is going to happen. I just want to get it together to test.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts