Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a new 2021 Raptor 700R SE (hard as heck to find one!) in early April, dealer only had it for like 4 days before I called and found it. LOL. I have a 15 yr old son...my son has a nice Honda TRX300EX. Previously rode my classic XR400R for years, but wanted a sport quad since it had been a while since I had a new ATV. Love it, have about 18 hours on it now, not much riding due to the wet spring we're having here in the Coeur D Alene, ID area, but it's supposed to dry out soon and I will get some serious time in. Look forward to talking about our machines.

·
Administrator
9,451 Posts
Welcome to the forum, sounds like you got lucky!

Reactions: SavmanCES

·
Registered
2022 Yamaha Raptor 700r
129 Posts
Welcome to the forum! It's getting harder and harder to find these quads. The prices from where I'm at it made more sense to buy new than used. I had to call around to about six shops to find one. The powersports place traded another place something for the quad so I could buy it from him. At least summer's here now so riding isn't far off👍.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum! It's getting harder and harder to find these quads. The prices from where I'm at it made more sense to buy new than used. I had to call around to about six shops to find one. The powersports place traded another place something for the quad so I could buy it from him. At least summer's here now so riding isn't far off👍.
Thanks - yes, after 12 dealer calls, I finally found mine. I actually put a down payment on one from a local dealer in February and then April 2nd The salesman called me and said they were no longer getting the raptor they were supposed to get. To me that just meant they gave it to one of their long-term customers that they valued more than me. Just made me go to work harder to look for one and I finally found mine after calling so many dealers. Seems the bulk of them this year had gone to the dealer just south of Portland Oregon, there’s a huge Yamaha dealer there. Also Denver got a few and Seattle got a few as well. Most other dealers seemed to get one or two if they were lucky.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Only 12?
I called 71 dealers in 12 states to get my 2020 se back in Sept '20
Congrats!
lol
It's crazy how scarce they are - wish they had a better system for getting the machines into consumer's hands. The big dealer south of Portland, OR was asking 4-5K OVER RETAIL this spring, and they had a dozen units in April. Stupid. I hate paying MSRP for anything, but I was so happy to get mine, I paid MSRP w/o hesitation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts