Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this for a trade for one of my jetski's, figured I would try out the sport so far its :D

Not sure of the mods but I believe its an 03, AM exhaust, under frame and control arm skid plates, filter, and that's about it but I really don't know anything about these things. PO said it had a overbored engine & extended front end, starter/clutch stuff but not sure its just what he said. It's a bit rough but it funs like a boss! And I already picked up some spare wheels as there's a couple plugs in the fronts.

I took off the nerf bars (which are fs), fixed the sloppy shifter with some bushings I made.

Question: the clutch lever seems really sloppy so I pulled it and its rather oval where the pivot bolt goes through...is this normal?

Also what are some things to look for like AM parts just to verify what its got?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Nerf bars are a good thing for any non-drag riding. Especially until you get over the reflex of putting your feet on the ground.

·
THE SAND DUNES HAVE RULES ----- "Follow Them"-
732 Posts
Welcome, +1 one what AndrewD said. have you ever seen anyone get ripped off a quad by a rear tire, not a pretty sight!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
you have YFZ 450 shocks, stock a-arms but it looks like you have wheel spacers, the front beadlock rims are worth a bit of money. And the rear grab bar looks home made. If you get some more (better) pics we can tell you more about what you have. welcome to the forum. and by the way a good way to see if your engine is rebuilt or built is to look at the nuts and bolt heads. usually they will be a little damaged if the motor has been opened up. if they look untouched than so is the motor :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome, +1 one what AndrewD said. have you ever seen anyone get ripped off a quad by a rear tire, not a pretty sight!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nerf bars are a good thing for any non-drag riding. Especially until you get over the reflex of putting your feet on the ground.
Figured that they were for something like that. 100% of my riding will be trail

you have YFZ 450 shocks, stock a-arms but it looks like you have wheel spacers, the front beadlock rims are worth a bit of money. And the rear grab bar looks home made. If you get some more (better) pics we can tell you more about what you have. welcome to the forum. and by the way a good way to see if your engine is rebuilt or built is to look at the nuts and bolt heads. usually they will be a little damaged if the motor has been opened up. if they look untouched than so is the motor :)
Appreciate the info! So are the 450 shocks good?

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
they are the best shock you can put on it without buying aftermarket...a huge upgrade from the stock ones

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Welcome! Nice bike man! Yeah +1 on the YFZ shocks, they are a great upgrade.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.