Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the yfz 450 calipers, the plates are good, I have liquid, the lever works, I vented.But it doesn't slow down at all. Any advice?

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
If the master cylinder is building pressure, then you still have air in the lines.
Motorcycle and atv brakes do not bleed nearly as easily as car brakes do either.
You need to pull fluid down from the mc at the caliper with a vacuum, or push fluid up from the caliper to the mc with a syringe.
After they are working, pump the front brake, and zip-tie the lever to the bar overnight, bleed again the next day, that will get the last of the air out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the master cylinder is building pressure, then you still have air in the lines.
Motorcycle and atv brakes do not bleed nearly as easily as car brakes do either.
You need to pull fluid down from the mc at the caliper with a vacuum, or push fluid up from the caliper to the mc with a syringe.
After they are working, pump the front brake, and zip-tie the lever to the bar overnight, bleed again the next day, that will get the last of the air out.
ok thanks i will put some videos here tomorrow

1 - 3 of 3 Posts