Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Im a long time dirtbiker just bought my first 01 660 raptor looks to be some fun even if mainly for friends to ride but I have a an addictive personalitly and am all ready modding this thing from the get soo well see whats to come, Im mainly doing it because of an exhaust baffle thats missing soo I found an fmf exhaust from a fellow Raptor forum member and am going to rejet and check it out!!!!

Ok so I put on a fmf exhaust full system , runs awesome especially when cold but has a slight pop on deceleration least when my buddy was riding in just after dark running away from us I could see the fire lol.

Any ideas how to make it run better or am I about right on might seem slightly hot

Full fmf exhaust muffler is straight through new packing
2 2.5 inch holes in airbox lid
165/170 mains 25 pilots
Belived tobe stock needles in positon3 didnt check them out yet was pressed for time
air screw 2.5 turns out

Thanks

Charlie Brown

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
It's about time you posted. What are you doing up at 4am:lol: Sorry I never called back last night, Had some major issues with a truck in NC.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol apearentally thinking bout my raptor lol, its cool i figured u had things going.with work, hey did u happen to see who had a high performance cdi for my bike? Would i bennifit from it? And how?

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Don't spend the money on one. OEM Cdi on the raptor 660s is good. If you do want to spend money on one I know someone with a Dyna FS with 4 timing curves for sale:) But there is not much of a benefit on a stockish 660.

·
Master of the Electron
15,629 Posts
Open up the fuel screws 1/4 turn each - popping on decel means a bit too lean on the idle circuit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts