Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!

I just bought myself a 2005 Raptor 660R SE. It has lower hours on it, 60 to be exact and I got one hell of a deal on it. :wow:

Why, you may ask? Well, the owner hit a tree with it this summer and decided to cut his loses and sell it. It is in great condition, as long as you ignore the repair list on the front right side! It needs a new rim, both top and bottom a arms, tie rod, shock and headlight to be perfect. I am now in the process of locating the parts! I posted an ad in the classifieds. The hardest thing for me to find right now is the gray se a arms. I may have to have a set of stockers painted. ;)

It does have a larger capacity oil container and radiator already.

Here's a photo of the quad on the way home.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Actually if you get a set of stock a-arms from 01-05, regardless of the edition, they're all gray unless they've been painted. I just sold a complete set on ebay that needed ball joints for $75. Now would be a good time to upgrade the front shocks since your on the market. Yfz 450 or Raptor 700 shocks would be a significant increase over the factory pogos and will run you between $200-300, but can be found cheaper if your patient. I'm pretty sure warriors have the same bolt pattern.
Congratulations on the purchase and welcome to the forum :beer:

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Warriors, Banshees and raptors will all bolt on. The grey is the color of most factory arms. I have seen black and blue also but just about all of them are grey. Now would be a great time to look for aftermarket arms and YFZ shocks. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I remember my first encounter with a tree. Luckily I hit it with my front bumper, but it was hard enough to break the welds on it.

As for a-arms I would go after some aftermarket. $400-500 can get you a nice set with tie rods. Also, I have 2 headlights for sale if you're interested.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts