Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Ben and I'm an addict. It's been 17 days since my last ride. The withdrawl symptoms include depression, anxiety, nervousness, and a general sense of impending doom. :(

I'm a contractor in Baghdad. A firefighter in the Green Zone to be more specific. I spent a week at Pismo and a couple days riding the backwoods between Auburn and Colfax last month during my last vacation and all it did was make me want more!

Thank you, that is all.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
(cont.)
Sorry for the crappy phone pics and my urge to show off my other toy ('06 Power Wagon :thumbsup: )

Attachments

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Welcome Ben. We're all addicts. They only thing we have found to help will the addiction is more riding and spending time on the forum. You will quickly learn the rappy also has an addiction.. It likes to go fast and it loves to take your money. Be careful over there and come back soon and feed your addiction.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
GuamRaptor700 said:
Welcome Ben. We're all addicts. They only thing we have found to help will the addiction is more riding and spending time on the forum. You will quickly learn the rappy also has an addiction.. It likes to go fast and it loves to take your money. Be careful over there and come back soon and feed your addiction.
I must agree with Guam and all the rest...I am an addict, there are those in my life that say, what do you do with your time, your money, my life in general...my life is all about the next ride, the next ATV Mod, the Next fix from the forums, Yes I am an addict and yes my life is full...I love it and there is no other life better than mine :eek:

·
Registered
314 Posts
very nice machine, and welcome :). also take care and come home safe, our prayers are with all of you over there.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Welcome!! :grin_nod: Are you in town or over in Baghdad? :crazy: You should try Sandmountain!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Welcome and come home safe. Everyone over there is in our prayers and has our thanks!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
FD929 said:
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm looking forward to learning how else I can spend money on my quad. :grin_nod:

Any more Californians out there?
Right here Brutha,....stay safe,.....come home and lets ride,....Oh,...My name is Steve and my wife and I are completely cracked out with our quads. I built up my 06 Titan, then I bought this Raptor thinking it would be enough. Now I spend most days languishing over what mod I want to do first.......the addiction never ends,..does it fellas?

·
Registered
751 Posts
welcome all addicts, I too have been an addict of the 700 for approx 10 months. It seems the more withdrawal, the worse I get. I did research on all of our diseases and the side effects. which include: dizzinies, headache, the feeling like your still riding when you are actually sleeping, restlessness, anger, depression, anticipation, jeoulousy of other forum members, sporatic outburst which could harm family and friends, irratation between the legs, dissapearance of calaces on hands, forgetfulness, weak stomach, muscle loss, increase in drinking, increase of money and getting stuck watching a chick flick with the wife since your not riding :'( The only healthy solution is to ride more. Unfortunatly there have been some bad side effects of this as well including: the need for more power, powertrip, loss of money, upset girlfriend/wife, modifications that just seem to never end. There is more good than bad. but from the time we stop riding to when we begin again is always a scary adventure. When will the next time i can ride again? is it going to be a day, week, or worse, more than a week. Some of us dont have a choice, like the good men/women who are serving our country.. they are true soldiers. But together we can get through the mess by talking about the good times and the bad times, advise, updates on problems, photos and best of all videos. Hang in everyone, we will all get back to riding as soon as this break between weekends ends. Good luck to all.

·
Registered
379 Posts
SEVEN00 said:
GuamRaptor700 said:
I must agree with Guam and all the rest...I am an addict, there are those in my life that say, what do you do with your time, your money, my life in general...my life is all about the next ride, the next ATV Mod, the Next fix from the forums, Yes I am an addict and yes my life is full...I love it and there is no other life better than mine :eek:
Stop it, your making me want to cry :'(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.