Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i did a search about helmets.... i didnt find any answers that will fit my questions really...

- - I am looking for a new ATV helmet.... i 90% trail ride, and 10% race my friends.... The helmet i have has a LOT of lift..... like once i get upper 3rd gear and 4th, and 5th... the helmet is like trying to pull off my head... and i can tell that it is slowing me down a bunch...
- - So i am looking for a helmet that doesnt like pull up as much.... You all know what i mean ? ?

any suggestions are welcome...

thanks Plattner

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
You're going too fast. Keep your head down.

:lol:

Is the helmet too big?

It should be snug on you. Are the pads worn out?

So many great helmets to choose from. I own an AGV helmet, and I've been pleased with it. Easy to clean so it stays looking new.

~Brian

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I keep my head down.... down any farther and i wont be able to see where i am going... ha ha..
yea the helmet is snug.... its tight enough that it is trying to pull my hole head back not just the helmet off.....

anybody else owned a helmet with the same problem i am having.... i just want to make sure i am not crazy on this... but in my mind the helmet shouldnt pull up as much as it does...

any brand suggestions,... that dont pull up...

Plattner

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
My helmet does it to :3question: I never measured my head i just went and tried on helmets and i thought it fit the best but i guess not :lol: I have a HJC 3XL but i have worn a XL Oneal before.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so i mean... is it NOT my helmet.... do all helmets pull up, once you get above like 3rd gear.... ? ? ?
bcs if so, then i wont go and buy a new one... ha ha ha

Plattner

·
Registered
234 Posts
your helmet is suposed to be tight without cutting off the blood flow to your noodle. the best bet is to measure your head.you will get the best fit. your helmet may seem realy tight at first, but then its brand new it will break in :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Sounds more like a fitment problem more than a helmet problem....If your going to stay with your current helmet, maybe try to angle the visor down a little so the wind pushes it down somewhat rather than getting a lift..

As for helmet choices I always liked Shoei's the best.....For me they offer a snug "secure" feeling, where as my Fox just didn't have the "feel" that I got comfortable with in Shoei's.......Helmets are more a personal thing.. 8)

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok thanks guys... my helmet is a FOX.... i am going to head to the shop to try on new helmets this weekend.... dont tihnk i will buy another FOX.... im going to go with something different..

Plattner

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
plattner said:
Ok thanks guys... my helmet is a FOX.... i am going to head to the shop to try on new helmets this weekend.... dont tihnk i will buy another FOX.... im going to go with something different..

Plattner
FYI-I know with Shoei and Arai they say to go with one that fits a little "tight" as the foam and material inside the helmet will form to your head..Its kinda like a "break in" period almost for lack of a better word....

·
Registered
43 Posts
go try some on then check out dennis kirk online close outs prices are great

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
700yellowraptor said:
Mine -- Hers :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :eek: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
That is a badass helmet :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
700wanna-b said:
go try some on then check out dennis kirk online close outs prices are great
Close outs are your friend, watch e-bay also..I scored a Shoei X-Eleven Norick rep street helmet for five bills, that helmet goes for waaay more than that elsewhere.. 8)

·
Registered
234 Posts
plattner said:

Plattner
definitlu measure your head. you are guarenteed a perfect fit.like i said it will seem tight untill it forms to your head :thumbsup:

·
Registered
733 Posts
I use an old style HJC that I bought 5 or 6 years ago for 99 bucks and it has held up through a lot of crap and there is NO! lift at all and most of the time I don't use the chin strap. Very reliable and cost effective. Good luck on the helmet hunt :thumbsup:

·
Registered
733 Posts
700yellowraptor said:
DUMBEST THING I EVER READ " most of the time I don't use the chin strap "

the thing bugs the hell out of me, and when I do use it it's really loose, so sometimes I just say fuck it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts