Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You may have seen a few posts over the past few months. I’ve built my lady a hillshooter/drag bike. She is pretty new to drag racing and will be on a 95hp 270lb raptor. I’m nervous to say the least. With your recommendations along with the racers I know, we ended up getting her a leat gpx 5.5 neck brace.
Now we need a good helmet to go along with it.

Anyone have any experience with helmets that fit well with this brace?
Will be looking more for a street bike style than motocross.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
No sir i sure do not.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I dont have any experience with neck braces, but AGV, and ARAI make some reallly good street helmets. My best advice is to get one that fits her head well. I know that sounds obvious, but i dont mean size, i mean shape. People have different shaped heads so a helmet that fits me great might not fit you well even if our heads were the same size in cm. And so, different helmets have different shapes too, even within the same brand. From round shape, to long oval with some in between.

Maybe everyone knows this already, but i didnt when i bought my first couple of street helmets

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
432 Posts
You may have seen a few posts over the past few months. I’ve built my lady a hillshooter/drag bike. She is pretty new to drag racing and will be on a 95hp 270lb raptor. I’m nervous to say the least. With your recommendations along with the racers I know, we ended up getting her a leat gpx 5.5 neck brace.
Now we need a good helmet to go along with it.

Anyone have any experience with helmets that fit well with this brace?
Will be looking more for a street bike style than motocross.
I use a neck brace, not an expert, but I would think most off road helmets would work with a neck brace. The big issue with neck braces are fitting with chest protectors. I have not heard anyone mentioning fitment with helmets

·
Premium Member
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ended up buying her a shoei rf1200 I think was the model, fits great, no issues.
I picked up a Simpson ghost bandit carbon and also a leatt 6.5 carbon helmet; both seem to work well in conjunction with the leatt neck braces.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts