Raptor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have an 01 raptor 660 new stator, new coil, new spark plug, new carbs with 25 pilots and 145 150 mains and stock needles on third clip. L af screw 2 1/4 r 2 3/4I bought and had to run new wiring harness. So I have everything wired properly. Has a slip on hmf pipe and a air box delete mod with kn filter. It starts when cold perfect runs great up until it gets to operating temp about 7 to 12 mins of running. Then it starts back firing and dies out and will not start after. So only runs good when cold. It's almost like soon as it warms up it's running to rich? The park plug becomes soaked in fuel after trying to re start and it hits a lil black smoke pops out exhaust ( when trying to start hot) and also will start letting gas come into air box( when trying to start while hot) now I know that's probably from it flooding. But what advice can you give me I have about 100 hours working on this bike to have everything perfect..

·
Master of the Electron
14,760 Posts
Are you getting spark? Did you try unplugging the regulator yet?

·
Master of the Electron
14,760 Posts
Unplug it and try again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does the same thing with two different rectifier two different cdis and two different stators I'm following @willykiller Advice right now and checking for 100v or more pulse from orange wire to coil will update soon

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,045 Posts
New carbs as in Chinese clones or factory replacement (used). ((Oh boy, here we go again))!

It's possible the choke is stuck, or the floats are out of adjustment.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Their good carbs I think my floats are out if adjustment it runs good untill it warms up I think it's over fueling untill warm up when it doesn't need as much fuel

·
Master of the Electron
14,760 Posts
Do you lose spark when the problem occurs? I assume you've tested.

What are you using to detect Willy's pulses? Only an oscilloscope will do it. You'll have to do it while working and then again when failed - so you have to keep your o'scope close to hand.

He and I had discussed this at length, back in the day and we traded pictures of o'scope signals back and forth. He's over at the 660 Facebook page now... never see him here anymore.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,045 Posts
He's over at the 660 Facebook page now... never see him here anymore.
Yeah, he's been back a number of times in the last couple of months.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Their good carbs I think my floats are out if adjustment it runs good untill it warms up I think it's over fueling untill warm up when it doesn't need as much fuel
Floats are adjustable, but don't go out of adjustment on their own.
Search for and do the "Clear tube method".

·
Master of the Electron
14,760 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you lose spark when the problem occurs? I assume you've tested.

What are you using to detect Willy's pulses? Only an oscilloscope will do it. You'll have to do it while working and then again when failed - so you have to keep your o'scope close to hand.

He and I had discussed this at length, back in the day and we traded pictures of o'scope signals back and forth. He's over at the 660 Facebook page now... never see him here anymore.
No i am not loosing spark definitely a carb is i believe correct me if wrong but these carbs are new but sat for a year had. a squirel nested in the airbox garage kept i cleaned perfectly rejetted to yamaha dealer jets 145 an 150 an 25 pilots but the carbs had way smaller needles in them to begin with so i went back to stock. Needless to say now i just ordered brand new jdm carbs i am going to rejet to my old specs and should i run stock needles

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Floats are adjustable, but don't go out of adjustment on their own.
Search for and do the "Clear tube method".
The floats are perfect what are the holes om the bottom of carbs looking in on them from airbix side are they airflow meters? Two kn bottim each side bc one had the squirel shit in it swear i never got it all out lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
New carbs as in Chinese clones or factory replacement (used). ((Oh boy, here we go again))!

It's possible the choke is stuck, or the floats are out of adjustment.
I think its bc theyre chinese carbs i found a oart number in them they were new when i got the bike just sitting with no fuel in them rebuilt but like i said squirel nested in the air box shit got in the airflow meter i gyess that what they air idk. Im kearning these carbs i have read for teo days straight in the beginning....are jdm good carbs i have new makuni or however u spell jets and pilots to install so to my spec mods

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Shes finally running rught 170 main jets 25 pilots and stock needles on the last clip rich side om these new jdm carbs hey shes running perfect now!

·
Master of the Electron
14,760 Posts
Glad you got it figured out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts