Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with rear axle width? What is the common adjustment. This is a Lone Star Racing Axle and it's adjustable from +3 to +6. FYI, we went +3 on the front a-arms. We currently have an 11" wide tire on the rear. Do I want to be inside or outside the front width? I also believe it's adjustable in 1" increments, so I can go 3, 4 , 5 or 6.....I think.

Thanks
JAM

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
You'd want to be inside, or same Imo.
But since you have +3 on front a-arms, it makes a total of +6 up front, so go ahead and put +6 on the rear.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
I am +5" in the back, and +9" total in the front, and it is about perfect. I really like how the front and rear wheels line up!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am +5" in the back, and +9" total in the front, and it is about perfect. I really like how the front and rear wheels line up!
How did you get +9 in the front?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any advice on how to get the axle out. I tried tapping with a 2x4 over axle end???????? Searching forum now!

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
+3 per side with a-arms and wheel spacers. Also, with the a-arms, spacers, and stock shocks, that adds a bit aswell, with all the pressure on them, it widens it out 0.5" per side or so.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
NO!!! I have +3" a-arms, and 1.5" spacers... that equals 9" total, and right now, I have the wheels flipped, it is 55.5" wide. This is SO CONFUSING!!!

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
wow that's... wide lol

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
NO!!! I have +3" a-arms, and 1.5" spacers... that equals 9" total, and right now, I have the wheels flipped, it is 55.5" wide. This is SO CONFUSING!!!
Why would you want to be that wide??? My Raptor with +3's and the YFZ shock with 3/2 off set wheels and its at 52" and it sucks. I want to buy some 4/1 wheels to narrow it a bit but there are not a common rim and I love my black ones.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is the finished job, but I messed up the original axel getting it out. Would not move until I got a 12lb sledge. Anyway it's looks nice and we are just over 47" wide on the rear and 46" on the front. Plenty of room to go out down the road if necessary. I'm looking for some rear track rims and tires now that will make it just about even with a 10" wide tire on rear.

Thanks
JAM

1 - 12 of 12 Posts