Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You ever have your throttle stick at WOT? I just did in the woods. Come around a corner nail it for .25 seconds to slide ass end around I let off it's sticks wide open. Wheelies to 12 o'clock before I could react. I fall off bike watch it go down trail in a 3rd gear wheelie until it starts to climb a hill and flips completely backwards upside down still going full speed I ran 200' find the shut off switch and turn it off nothings hurt other than 6 pack rack bent slightly. After that I rode it back to truck slowly readjusted handle bars. Go to ride it again fine then it sticks again I was able to grab clutch and hit kill switch restarted it's fine. Where do I start looking to fix this problem.*

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's never done this before. The throttle returned to zero throttle but bike was bouncing off rev limitor. I got the spring double wrapped on throttle housing it's just nuts one thing after the other. While I'm on my back I could just see my bike smashing a tree but it didn't. I got lucky I wasn't hurt and the bike seems fine. I'm a little freaked out about it, I gotta get busy working on it before I go riding again so I don't end up empaling myself into a tree.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Just cuz it happened to me kinda. Make sure your thumb throttle is not getting stuck on your grip like mine was

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I punched it to slide it around a bit let off to shift but it didn't stop but bars was barely turned. It don't give itself gas when I turn it I tried that. Guess I'm bout to go wash it and pull intake look down into TB see if I see a spur on butterfly or something if not try lubing the cable if that don't fix I guess TB comes off and change springs inside the throttle housing.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The cable routing fine just checked it it doesn't give itself gas fully turned either way. It don't wanna stick unless I go full throttle. It's never happened before today. Someone told me that the throttle return spring if weak or lost a wrap it's supposed to be wrapped twice inside housing instead of once. That the engine at high revs can create a vacuum like effect on the butter fly and cause it to stay open. Is this guy full of crap or does he know what he's talking about. There's no tension on thumb throttle until I push it 1/2 way. I don't remember it being that easily to push. Would this be a problem? It feels as if there's no spring until it gets past 1/2 throttle. Shouldn't I feel some resistance before that it seems I should but I'm no expert.

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
The spring in the thumb throttle housing is only to keep the backlash of the cable under control. The spring on the TB is whats important on closing the blade.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was talking about the one one tb that's inside the throttle housing on left side of tb. Could that spring be weak? It only sticks if I go WOT any other time it don't stick. I have the weirdest problems lol.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Yep. Bo is right. If you dont have any tension on the cable till half throttle. I would check the spring inside the tb first. You could pull the spring out of the throttle housing and the spring on the tb should still pull the blade shut, unless the cable is frayed and sticking.

·
8SEVENTY3
1,336 Posts
You could take the throttle cable completely away from the bike and generously spray WD-40 into the sheath while stroking the cable in and out, might flush out a bunch of gunk that is binding up the cable.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think that's what I'm gonna do it was fairly muddy ride before this and it's the cable that came on bike and this has never been done that I know of.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Me too but I would have also liked to seen video:crazy:
Funniest shit you ever seen. A 245lb guy flying off quad backwards hitting ground jumping up as fast as possible chasing a raptor on foot that's pinned in 3rd wheelying down a trail. I knew I couldn't catch it but I wasn't gonna stop lol. The 6 pack rack acting as a shirt wheelie bar or it may have came all the way over on me. If I had a video I'd send it to that show it only it only hurts when I laugh. I'm buying a kill switch in case I ever fall off again so it don't run nobody else over. I'd felt bad if nailed somebody coming from opposite way. That'd be something you don't wanna meet on the trail.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts