Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi ,
I have a 2008 Raptor 700r and I bought a use Big gun Evo r Exhaust that come with a big gun fuel controller for ( 2015-2020) Raptor but I tried to install it on my raptor 2008 and it seems to run pretty good with the base setting! Do you know if it's dommageable for my engine to run whit it if it's not the good year of fuel controller for my quad or it doesn't make any difference!?
Thank you!!

·
Registered
744 Posts
I installed the Big Gun EXO full duels on my 2008 with the Big Gun controller a few years back and I remember that it did not take much of any change to the default settings on the controller.
When I tried cranking it up a bit I had issues with back fires and sputters - too much fuel, so I set it back to default, maybe a bit higher in the mid range.
I know there are some differences like smog controls and single exhaust port between the years you are working with, but I personally don't know if it makes a difference to the fuel controller.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I believe the Raptor ECU's are different for those years. That may be your issue, call the company that makes the controller.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,054 Posts
Early 700's use a 16 bit ECU, later 700's use a 32 bit ECU.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts